Awesome Grumman Calverton pictures

Came across this a few years ago. It might of interest to many of you if you haven't seen it:

Grumman pics

I find it very interesting in that it captures the daily life at Grumman back in the day very nicely. You'll find photographs from the design/prototyping studios, factory floor, test flights, social events, sports and so much more. Many are very quality photos.

Even F-14 and A-6 are there!

Edited by Janissary

Came across this a few years ago. It might of interest to many of you if you haven't seen it:

Grumman pics

I find it very interesting in that it captures the daily life at Grumman back in the day very nicely. You'll find photographs from the design/prototyping studios, factory floor, test flights, social events, sports and so much more. Many are very quality photos.

Even F-14 and A-6 are there!

Wow, what a great way to spend the morning. Some fantastic pics there, thanks for the link.

Janissary,

Thanks for posting those pictures taken at Calverton, NY. (L.I.). I live all of 30 min from there for the last 35 years. Unfortunately, 0ther then a few display aircraft, there isn't much left from the Golden era as Grumman's other LI home. Before moving to our present home, I grew up in Syosset, New York which was just 20 min or so from the Grumman Bethpage plant. Hence, my Grumman avatar.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Wow, what a great way to spend the morning. Some fantastic pics there, thanks for the link.

Sure. The sheer number of pictures and the details each one captures is pleasantly overwhelming. Should keep one interested in the subjects pretty busy for a while. I just see so many diorama ideas as well as closeup details (especially of 40s to 60s aircrafts) all over those pictures.

Janissary,

Thanks for posting those pictures taken at Calverton, NY. (L.I.). I live all of 30 min from there for the last 35 years. Unfortunately, 0ther then a few display aircraft, there isn't much left from the Golden era as Grumman's other LI home. Before moving to our present home, I grew up in Syosset, New York which was just 20 min or so from the Grumman Bethpage plant. Hence, my Grumman avatar.

Joel

Yes, I remember you mentioning that you are from that area. I find the floorshop and design photos there to be most interesting as it captures well how engineering was back in the day with limited or no computational power.