Panel on Window Screen Mesh

I am trying to create a small panel with a door directly on my window's screen mesh:

IMG_1621.png

The mesh is not visible but it is there. The white circle is roughly the size I am shooting for. Are there any products that can be used for this modification? I was confident that something like this would exist, but nothing came up. Dryer vent wall adapters is one thing that could work but they seem too bulky. I need something that is light so that the mesh alone would carry its weight.

TIA.

Let's see if we can make this less of a rock fetch. Shall we? :)

Does the opening itself need to carry a load? As the window opening looks fairly clear, I guess you have a light plastic mesh, which would be very prone to tearing since there's much load carrying capability. Aluminum will have a lot higher capability, as will a heavy plastic "pet-grade" mesh. Of course, either will be less transparent and a bit of a PITA to install.

Using it frequently or occasionally? If frequently and a plastic mesh, perhaps a flap would do? With a plastic mesh, you could "sew" or perhaps glue the top edge of a plastic square above a hole in the mesh. It might help to put a little weight on the bottom edge of the flap. If used only occasionally and an aluminum mesh, repair kits are available for aluminum screens. You might be able to carefully attach such a repair patch as a flap.

Do you have a significant problem with insect infiltration? If not, a less tight-fitting solution could be sufficient. If you have blood-thirsty 'skeeters the size of crows outside that window, you likely want something more robust.

Finally, is a screen a good answer? If you're blowing paint fumes out the opening, they would likely waft right back in. Perhaps a drier vent, in the wall below the window, would be better so you can close said window during use.

HTH

Forget cutting a hole in the screen. In my opinion, that will never work.

Instead do this....cut a piece of 1/4" plywood to fit in the open window and cut the hole for your dryer vent hose adaptor in that. I have the same set up in my basement window. I put the adaptor in the end of the vent hose, so when I want to spray I just put the plywood panel into the window opening and place the vent hose into the hole and I'm set to go. The window should hold everything in place.

Bob

Hello,

Without assuming too much try G**gling Window Exhaust Kit or AC vent kit.

A quick search shows adjustable panels that are made of plastic or sheet metal made for double hung sash windows such as yours for venting standard vent hose through.

Install the panel, close the window, connect the hose and vent through the screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Whynter-Portable-Conditioner-ARC-WK-12SP/dp/B0048ELAA8

Hope this helps.

Jim S

Thank you all for the ideas. I should have made it clearer, this is not for attaching a vent hose or anything like that. I can see why it came across that way, sorry. A pet screen with a flap made a lot of sense, not sure why I did not think of that. Thank you all again, I think I have the ideas now.