ME 262 Diorama : Make Way !...My Way!

Just completed this...My 2nd attempt on WWII things...first was a FW 190 D9

Tamiya 1/48 with 1/72 and 1/35 stuff thrown in... want to guess which one ? :lol:

Kit is Tamiya 1/48 OOB with Eduard seat belt,... plus extra figures from CMK, Bombs trolly from Hagegawa, + other stuffs from Academy, Dragon and Tamiya 1/48 Armour kits and scratch built ladder

The sence show the ME262 being tow out of the service shed....and some pilot 'jocks' deep in discussion without knowing that they are about to be 'mowed down' :lol:

Hope you enjoy as much as I have fun building this

regards,

QC

Nice work on the diorama and the kit(s)! I like the idea of a late war theme. I am thinking about doing one similar for the Defense of the Reich GB later this year.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Don

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the kind words!...OK, finally manage to catch a breath after visiting the beautiful land of "The lord of the Rings"...I think it is time for me to share my journey through this built :D

so...here it goes...MY JOURNEY into the unknown...

First episode...The "Tub"

Nothing special....Instead of using the Decal provided, It was dry brushed and details pick by using a tiny toothpick.... did not check on phot reference till too late...so, some of the colors are wrong. The dials were given a drop of 'future' to give is some gloss

The Real fun part begins...PAINTING!... The underside is light blue and the primary upper coat is light green...btw, I use Mr Color Lacquer paint for air brushing and arcylic paint for hand painting

As you can see below, I did not care much about having the undercoat 'even'.... The dark grenn whould 'blend in' and resolve the issue.

Next up, the Drak green camo paint....1st tricky spot that I encounter!....The dark green was thinner than the usual mix, 5:1....I wanted to make sure that the paint will flow smoothly given that I will be using very low pressure (16 psi) and the smallest spray angle... This was done freehand :D (yep, I did mess up some spots which I corrected in the next step using the light green)

Overall... I loved it! :D

....successfully pass through the 1st challenge in my view

Moving right along.... The rest of the cast were painted as well. Special note: I use Bare Metal Foil on the undercarriage strut and landing gear (you can tell from the shiny silver in the photo....1st time I have done this and it won't be the last ! :D .great stuff!)

The wheel hubs required 'semi gloss' black...I was lazy...spray painted the entire wheel in Matt Black and applied Future to the hub....works like a charm!

btw, Bombs were RLM02...oh yes.... most of the interior calls for Silver... I use Alcald...first time again...NICE paint!

Next Episode..."The Dreaded Decals".... I personally have mix experiences with this portion many times over and it was with much anxiety that I took this path.... should I use microsol, mr mark or something else??.....

OK, I will try the one I was taught in my 'aircraft modelling 001' course...SPRAY CLEAR COAT DIRECT to decal !.... I mix a very thin solution of mr clear gloss and mr thinner....this is to ensure that it does not clog up the nozzle and not tear up the whole thing.

As expected, the decal wrinkles and fear struck me!...HOWEVER, I can easily use a cotton bud and straighten it!.. be very very careful...not for the faint hearted.... try it out on some scrap plane to see if decal can take this stress.... It was GREAT on this kit! :D

As you can see below...It bites into the surface!....PHEW! :D

Next...Flat coat (no pics)

The next epidose "Final Countdown..... Chipping and washing"

I use the chipping method taught by Floyd Werner in his Master class modeling Videos " Master Class Clinic #1 - Building the BF-109G-6"...use a silver pencil and randomly knock it against the leading edge of the wings....result below

Washing...I user raw umber with thinner...and gave it a 'good' wash... think I over did it :unsure:

....almost done.....

End of Part 1.... Final Assembly

Canopy and Antenne wire added ( I use my daughter hair in this case :unsure: )...Thanks Jasmine, for your 'contribution' to this model :D

oh yes... need to give it some dry brushing here and there to enhance the raised parts of the model...no particular color,.... just light enough to show the difference

End of Part 1