Compressor – Airbrush complementary Problem

Hi guys;

As you may guess this is my first time I have a compressor and airbrush.

I bought an Aztek airbrush (metal one) and Senco compressor. I thought all compressors are universal. However, I cannot connect the airbrush to compressor. I think I need an adaptor or smt. Does anyone have an idea?

For further reference here is a picture of compressor:

pc1010skh9.jpg

Good compressor......

take the hose with you and go to a hardware store (Home Depot or similar) or automotive store and look for a female to male brass fitting.The smaller female end will adapt to your Aztec hose and the 1/4 male to your compressor hose or airdrier/moisture trap or regulator.

MAKE sure you choose the correct male 1/4 fitting...as there are two kinds (one is automotive and of different size)

Ask the person,and tell them what kind of compressor you have.Most home type compressors are a universal size (Cam.Haus, Porter Cable ,Ing.Rand ,Husky, Coleman and yours.....many of these are made by the same company ,different labels)

And use teflon tape or paste/dope on the threads :banana:

HTH

Paul T

After your suggestion about homedepot i checked their website. Is this the one?

045564605353_4.jpg

4 Piece 1/4 In. Inner Diameter Coupler and Plug Kit includes a Male and Female 1/4 In. NPT Industrial Coupler and a Male and Female 1/4 In. NPT Industrial Plug. For Maximum performance and power we recommend 3/8 In. inner diameter fittings. These fittings provide 100 percent more airflow for more power to the tool. Teflon Tape must be used with all fittings to achieve maximum performance.

• Set includes: 1- coupler 1/4 In. NPT (F), 1- coupling 1/4 In. NPT (M)

• Also includes 1- plug 1/4 In. NPT (M) and 1- plug 1/4 In. NPT (F).

• Tubular valve design body allows higher flow rates providing better performance from tools.

• Sleeve guard reduces the potential of accidental disconnects and protects the coupler sleeve.

• Heat treated steel provides extended life over brass.

• Zinc plated to prevent corrosion.

• Offers easy connection

The ones at the bottom are not what you need (they thread into tools and snap into the hose connection)

The fitting on the top right is a coupler (no good to you either)

The last fitting is what goes to the hose end(threaded) and the other end accepts the tool end (those silver/nickel fittings)......no good either.

Like I say ,you`ll have to go down with the actual hose and talk to somebody who know something about air tools.......If you see a kid with greasy hair and zits and talks with a broken ,squeeky voice...avoid eye contact.Cause he won`t know what the hell he`s talking about.Talk to an adult ,the older ,crabbier ,the better :D

HTH

Paul T

PS-don`t worry,you`ll find what you need.

Edited by Paul T

The thing is I really prefer to buy online. I have no car and all the hardware stores are far from where I live and I am really busy nowadays... But as the final solution I'll go to a store at the weekend.

My last try:

What about these ones?

045564605445_4.jpg

HUSKY

3/8 In. Universal Coupler 1/4 In. M

Model HDA20400AV

Brass 1/4" NPT hex nipple is all you need, actually the top right part in your picture looks like one, screw it into the compressor and attach airbrush. You could also use three of these parts to make a quick connection scheme, but waste of time for one brush. The gyst is that both the compressor and airbrush use 1/4" NPT fittings. I have Paasche, Badger, Aztec and Iwata hoses hooked up with this manner, but I have them valved seperately using 1/4" ball valves and X manifolds. Don't forget the teflon or dope for the nipple to compressor connection, the aztec IIRC has a rubber seat for its connection to the nipple.

Hague

Edited by Hague
  • 1 month later...