Well where to start

I placed an order for some Aires stuff and some Ultrascast stuff with Rick. I did this on Aug 18th. I emailed him and he replied on Sept 23rd that the Aires stuff was not comming and that he would refund me the amount for the Aires item. This he did and he told me what my new total was on the Ultracast items he was waiting on and that as soon as he had them he would send them. Well three weeks later I emailed him again and this time no answer. It has now been a month since I last heard from him and still no Ultracast items. I know something is up becaseu Ultracast doesn't tkae this long to fill orders so I knwo he must have the items in stock. So now I'm out over $51, I should have just ordered from Ultracast directly but I wanted the Aires item too so now I'm SOL.

Steer clear of Rick Uliano and Just Plane Hobbies.

Jim Clark

Yep, similar experience here. Ordered a set of decals, were delayed, backordered and finally "shipped to Arizona by accident". Got my money back but my take is listing things on eBay you don't have on hand is not good business.

Cheers, A

Hello

I have dealt with Rick MANY times, and have always had good experiances with him. My last purchase was a Hasegawa F-14B. When I opened the box, I found many of the parts were deformed. I E-mailed him, and he offered to replace the kit for me if DragonUSA would not do anything about it. He has always come through for me accurate and fast.

Also, this is a hard time on our US military, of which he is a part (KC-135 driver out of Fairchild) and we have no idea what he, Dave Roof, and some of the other guys around are doing at thier "real" jobs. I say E-mail him, maybe call him directly (Phone: (509)979-4218) and most of all, be patient. He will come through. He always has for me. May I also point you to his E-bay profile where he has 3830 positive feedbacks, and only 21 negative...that is 99.5% positive! So obviously other people have had a great experiance with him too.

Aaron

:cheers:

Edited by strikeeagle801

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with him... I've never had any troubles from him... I always have great communications with him and I know so keep trying to contact him.

Hey guys

Well with all the positives here lets hope he comes through. I did not realized he was in the military but I still feel that if your going to offer stuff than you shuld be able to come through. I'll give him some more time and then I'll give him a call, THANKS for the number!

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob Harrell

:crying:

Being an ex military flight crewman if ricks on a tanker crew he might be at Diego Garica. Got sent there once for a three day deployment and ended up being 6 months. The wife would call the squadron to attempt to find out what was going on and the only response was I was deployed and that was all they could say. Almost cost me my marrage as she thought they might be covering for me. beleive it or not the Chaplin saved me on that one. The squadron commander at the time really got his nickers ripped over that one.

An update

I called Rick and we talked about the problem. He has since offered to send what he has and refund me the remaining $ which he has so all I'm waiting on now is the stuff he had to ship. So I should have my order of Aug 18th in a few days :cheers: Thanks again for the number, I should have looked closer at his site for a contact number.

Cheers

Jim

• 4 months later...

Hmm. Having some issues here myself now. Had a DACO F-14 book that was supposed to be a Christmas present. It's not here yet. I've tried calling and e-mailing with no response. Anyone know if he's deployed or something? I even posted in his favor earlier on this thread.