Here is my inprogress build, I'm going to used the Hasegawa kit. I"m going to replace the interior with a Cooper detail one and their up grade set. I going to add rivet detail so I made a tool for the it.

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

open up the lightings holes and add some detail to the wheel bay.

DSC01407.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

Very nice! Love the rivets! What did you ue to make that tool??

Moeggo, the tool was made from a pin vise, a mandrel (I think that what its called) and the wheel is from a watch innards kit. Got the watch innards kit from my local hobby shop I used a file to taper the tooth. Here is a few photos, hope it will help you.

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

Agree with Pete,

The work you did seems minor but it does a whole lot to make a model stand out.

The tool you made is tiny spiked wheel? And then like a pizza-slicer you're making the rivets?

Jochem

JochemKL, the spike wheel is a gear from a watch, and yes its kind of like slicing pizza. I've made another one, see watch you think. Here is a photo

DSC01417.jpg

just had the ol red tube of testors and would glop way too much glue on everything, including, of course, the canopy

Yeah, I started with that stuff, my Dad is a modeler too though so as soon as the liquid stuff came out I just "liberated" his. I think I was about 11 or 12, mid '70's.

I finished the rivet detail the nose will finish the rear fuselage when I attach the wings. Started on the cockpit, its the Cooper detail set except for the instrument panel I prefer the kit instrument panel.

DSC01436.jpg

I painted the dials and used 5 minute epoxy for the lens.

DSC01434-1.jpg