This kit has been in my stash since an IPMS Avon show in 1997.

Cost £3, amongst an absolute pile of bargains - ignored until this groupbuild was announced.

Box has been opened - but tonight was the first time the parts were taken from their bag.

Parts have now been pre-sprayed with an aluminium wheel paint aerosol, and are setting in my airing cupboard.

Photographed during a quick paint session in the garage.

FrogSwordfishBox-1.jpg

More progress soon

OK great start Tim but why silver? You have to humour me a little if I seem dumb but surely the Stringbag was a cloth and dope covering...... Possibly they did use a silver undercoat maybe you can shed some light before I make a start on mine.

Also would it be possibly to send any detail info you have collected that would be great.

Look forward to seeing more progress shots.

Doc

As Desmojen says its a silver dope pre-war scheme - as indicated on the box.

I sprayed it aluminium so that all the parts have some coverage. It will probably be re-painted before decals and rigging - but there might be areas I can't get to.

However, my kit has out-of register roundels, so if anyone can supply a URL with references for a camo Swordfish floatplane - I'll see what I can do.

Mine now has its lower wings.

• 2 weeks later...