The hardest of the lot: getting the slogan on. Each one of the openings in the e's and b's, etc, I had to hand place using a magnifier and pin. I finally got so tired of it I use tiny dots of white glue for the last couple. But it was worth it in the end. (which is also a little scary because I had no idea if it worked until all the masking came off)

116_1686.jpg

That looks awesome. I have 3 sets of Montex coming so I can do 4 a/c and now I see the end result I cant wait for them. I started painting markings on my tanks a few years ago and to tell the truth I think it looks way better than decals.Your 190 has me wanting to pull mine out and get started, but I guess I better wait and finish my 109 first.

James

• 2 weeks later...

I did some touchup work over the last few days but today I also got the props done. (I still need to Alclad the hubs but I should be able to get that done tomorrow) I had always heard that Model Master RLM70 was a bit too light but as I always had Aeromaster RLM70 laying around I never worried about it. Until I opened up my AM jar today and what was left was nearly dried solid. So I grabbed the one bottle of MM RLM70 I had and compared the colors. I was really surprised by the difference. I ended up adding 25% to 35% flat black to the small jar of Model Master before I got it to the shade I was looking for.

116_1697.jpg

116_1699.jpg

I also got the canopy and windscreen masked, painted and dullcoated. (always my least favorite job)

117_1701.jpg

Edited by David Walker