About F-104J, anybody is going to build one of these?

3zu3u5v.jpg

2v2jzp2.jpg

this is my favorite scheme ever for the F-104, Hasegawa made a special box for it both in 72 and 48 scale.

So is there someone who wil go for it?

If not, after the F-2B, I will try do one in 48 scale.

By the way it will be hard to finish it before the end of June.

Time is running low! too many JASDF kits too little time to build them!

Ciao

Paolo

Time is running low! too many JASDF kits too little time to build them!

Ciao

Paolo

That is definately true. I could do a JASDF GB for the rest of the year with the kits I have. I have the F-104J but was considering a F-86 after my F-2 gets done. My real problem is that I go TDY mid-May for 2 months. So, I'm really hoping just to get the F-2 done before then.

Personally, I'd like to see you build a F-104J.

Rodney

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Paolo.

I have a question about those '84 Senkyo 'maruyon'.

According to books, 207SQ sent 13 birds to Komatsu AB for the exercise.

Well, so far I've found photos of Js 561, 635, 655, 669, 688, 697, 700 and 706. Adding a couple of DJs (001 and 006) noted on the base at the same time, that's 10. -_-

So, any clue about wich ones the others might be?

Hello Tengu,

I also found photos of 616 and 634 with the same configuration (no tanks and 2 ventral launchers) and the same camouflage, so I can guess they were also there.

By the way I can't read a single word of Japanese so I can't tell you for sure.

Hope this helps

Paolo.

I also found photos of 616 and 634 with the same configuration (no tanks and 2 ventral launchers) and the same camouflage, so I can guess they were also there.

Thanks, Paolo.

616 is unknown to me (love its '81 Senkyo dress, BTW :( ), but I've seen 634 as you mention. Its paintjob is similar to the one worn in 1984, but I believe the bird took part in the '83 exercise (camo pattern is almost the same, except for the sharkmouth). Or perhaps is the same the bird at different times... -_-

;)

Edited by tengu

In the Ikaros Publications book "The collected special color scheme of JASDF aircraft" there is a picture of 706 during the 1983 Senkyo in exactly the same scheme and configuration as during the 1984 Senkyo but indeed minus the sharkmouth.

BTW: don't buy this book because you'll be building special colour JASDF models for life. Can't wait for the 60th anniversary of this airforce!

Anybody here know when and where Senkyo 2007 will take place?

In the Ikaros Publications book "The collected special color scheme of JASDF aircraft" there is a picture of 706 during the 1983 Senkyo in exactly the same scheme and configuration as during the 1984 Senkyo but indeed minus the sharkmouth.

Anybody here know when and where Senkyo 2007 will take place?

That camo's pattern started in 1982. But that year's birds are easily recognizable as there was the usual white-bordered hinomaru on wings and fuselage.

No news of this year exercise, however. I feel it's too early to know anything

:wub:

I also plan on doing on for this GB. I have an old MPC 1/72 Starfighter but I'll probably be robbing one of my Hasegawa kits for decals because they look useless. I want to finish my T-1 first! :tease:

Awesome pics, BTW! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by lodni_k