F-16D Blk 50/52

Folks,

Can the F-16D Blk 50/52 be fitted with HARM Targeting System? Any FW use them on this role or just F-16CJs? I've searched F-16.net but didn't find any pic confirming that.

I'd like to build a two-seater Falcon swapping some parts from the F-16C Blk 50/52 and F-16B Revell kits and I love the way it looks fully armed with HARMs and AAMs.

TIA

:cheers:

Serelle

Here's a couple of pictures of F-16DJ's (one block 50, and one 52) with HTS pods. Both the CJ and the DJ can, and do, carry HARM's. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I belive the DJ's are used mostly for training missions, but can also be used operationally.

HTH

Aaron

bwq.jpg

91-0476.jpg

Thanks for the info guys, and thanks for the pics Aaron! They're great.

One more question... do 52nd FW have F-16DJs on its inventory? Which block? I have decals for their CJs and think it would be easier to modify them to the correct serial # for the DJ.

Serelle

One more question... do 52nd FW have F-16DJs on its inventory? Which block? I have decals for their CJs and think it would be easier to modify them to the correct serial # for the DJ.

Serelle

Yes, all active-duty squadrons have D-models in their inventory. The 52FW has Block 50 models.

For more Block 50 photos check out my website.

Jake

All Block 50/52s can do the same job, regardless of how many seats they have, but I don't believe many are taken on AEFs these days. However, the first USAF F-16 MiG Killer was a D-model.

Chappie

52FW as in the Swamp Fox Squadron, SCANG? If so, they have Block 52's with the PW engines. A real close friend of mine was the Crew Chief on their D model. At the time he was there, they only had 1 D, if memory serves me correctly. That photo might be of his aircraft. I cannot ask him now, since he died in a plane crash a little over two years back. But I cannot keep all the FW# straight. I do know that Shaw, just a jump down the road from McEntire' flys Block 50's with the GE engines.

52FW is the Spangdahlem jets isn't it, USAFE? 22FS (Stingers) and 23FS (Fighting Hawks) with block 50 Vipers, and the 81st FS on A-10As....

:)