Misterkit in Italy

(Figured I'd get a better response in Jet Modelling.....)

What would constitute a good turnaround for ordering from Misterkit in Italy (and arriving in Texas)? It was, literally, the only online retailer I could find for some AMI Tornado IDS decals in 1/48 scale - Meteor was out of the sheet I wanted, FlightDecs doesn't seem to carry the Tauro Decals line anymore, and I couldn't find any other US/North-American-based reseller, so I crossed my fingers and orderd from Europe (yeah, I know - the shipping was gonna be stiff, but I went ahead with it anyways....)

I placed my order 18 days ago and got confirmation/payment approval shortly afterward. I realize that my order is coming from another continent (and the site did say it may take 2-5 days for approval and getting my order packaged and shipped prior to my placing my order).......but I've never ordered anything overseas before, and was hoping for some feedback in terms if this time period is typical or not.

I must stress that this is NOT a complaint about a vendor WHATSOEVER. Merely a question and I am hoping for some feedback.

Thanks to all.

What would constitute a good turnaround for ordering from Misterkit in Italy (and arriving in Texas)? It was, literally, the only online retailer I could find for some AMI Tornado IDS decals in 1/48 scale - Meteor was out of the sheet I wanted, FlightDecs doesn't seem to carry the Tauro Decals line anymore, and I couldn't find any other US/North-American-based reseller, so I crossed my fingers and orderd from Europe (yeah, I know - the shipping was gonna be stiff, but I went ahead with it anyways....)

I placed my order 18 days ago and got confirmation/payment approval shortly afterward. I realize that my order is coming from another continent (and the site did say it may take 2-5 days for approval and getting my order packaged and shipped prior to my placing my order).......but I've never ordered anything overseas before, and was hoping for some feedback in terms if this time period is typical or not.

I must stress that this is NOT a complaint about a vendor WHATSOEVER. Merely a question and I am hoping for some feedback.

Thanks to all.

i have some problem, but i'm Italian and i have places order at GREAT MODELS WEBSTORE; in 22 march i've received a confirm about shipping of my order...but today, 23 may, i haven't yet received my packet...

But i can confirm you thet misterkit it's a serious shop....don't worry about your order and enjoy your italian Tornado!

ciao

Ale

i have some problem, but i'm Italian and i have places order at GREAT MODELS WEBSTORE; in 22 march i've received a confirm about shipping of my order...but today, 23 may, i haven't yet received my packet...

But i can confirm you thet misterkit it's a serious shop....don't worry about your order and enjoy your italian Tornado!

ciao

Ale

Same problem here. Still waiting for an order from them.

Two PE sets shipped on March 27th and waiting

The orders a few days earlier and later have already arrived.

@MattN: Overseas order take about a few days up to four weeks for airmail shipped stuff and two weeks up to 14 weeks for surface orders. My experiences, but the way vice versa (USA to Europe).

Thomas

Matt, what kind of shipping did you choose?

I have the same experience with Great Models, a regular air mail shipping (not with express courier) took more than one month.

Davide

quindi, devo mettermi il cuore in pace e aspettare??

bah...almeno però sapere dov'è finito...

ciao

Ale

Thanks to all.

Hi. I ordered from them awhile back and also received an immediate order confirmation. I then waited for MONTHS before the item came, but it did come - just as I was starting the process of trying to get a refund. One problem I had was language. After the easy initial order from their English translation webpage, I found it difficult to navigate through the contact information. It all worked out in the end, though. So my take is that you will eventually get your stuff. Hope this helps.

Regards, Greg