230 Sqn Puma new scheme

The MoD went to great expense to get branding experts in to advise on this (coming to a transport fleet near Lyneham before too long).

So you must include it, otherwise it means that the MoD have wasted a scandalous amount of money on this.

Thinking about it, that last sentence could have safely omitted all the words before 'the MoD...'

Beautiful model of the Puma GForceSS ,but I hope you don't mind one small critisicsm.The cockpit doors on the RAF Pumas are never opened,infact they dont even have the handles on them,they can be released in an emergency but are never used at any other time .This pic shows that no handles are fitted.

VGS07069.jpg

Beautiful model of the Puma GForceSS ,but I hope you don't mind one small critisicsm.The cockpit doors on the RAF Pumas are never opened,infact they dont even have the handles on them,they can be released in an emergency but are never used at any other time .This pic shows that no handles are fitted.

Thanks for the compliments. But I had several open door photos normally for airshows (or modleshows in my case) and the older versions seemed to have ouside handles fitted. My version is circa 1979. I scratch built the the entire cockpit interior so no way would I button it completely up.

site1251.jpg

This photo shows door handles :)

site1252.jpg

And this pic has a door open although not RAF.

Shot of my interior.

DSCN4349.jpg

Nice pics, thanks for posting. Good to see the old birds looking so well.

I hate the new corporate logo, more money that should have been spent on the front line,

Why is the front pannel held on with black nasty?

VGS07058.jpg

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

Think the black tape is to stop water leaking in (theres a battery compartment in the front, and from the factory it was always prone to letting in a bit of water!). Could be wrong...Gary West would be the person to ask (ex-RAF on a Puma squadron).

I agree with the corporate logo thing. What's that all about. Next we'll have Armarni designing the flight suits!! How many bullit proof vests could have been bought with what it cost to design that. I could have done it for a fiver. ROYAL AIR FORCE all in black with a roundel. there you go what's wrong with that.

Rich :crying2: