1/32 Modern Navy Fighter pilot figures

Hi Bob,

appearently a damn good question since nobody reacted sofar !!! Unfortunately I can't help You out either. My best offer is to try and obtain some Tamiya pilot-dudes. Academy also has some nice figure's in their F/A-18 Hornet...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: C'mon Guy's, help him out !!!

Plenty of people have built their Academy Hornets without using the pilot figures. My suggestion is to post in the buy/sell/trade forum if you're interested in acquiring some.

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks Terry and Spooky, I have the Academy hornet and you're both correct the figures are nice but I was at a show a couple of years back and there were a couple of figures next to a Tomcat and they were gorgeous but I don't remember where the builder said they were from. :thumbsup:

Thanks anyway.

Bob

A UK based aftermarket company called 'Reheat' used to make some. I know they are OOP but if you don't mind digging a little on Ebay and elsewhere you might come up with something.

HTH!

Hi Bob,

I think Verlinden used to make a 1/32 US Navy figure. He was called 'Topgun' I believe and had a 'jester' moustache.

I have the biger 120mm one without the moustache that I'll start painting tomorrow as a VF-114 Driver in an orange flightsuit.

I've just looked mid-typing:

http://www.modelcentrum.pl/go/_info/?id=88...9e1423139b92a25

he is 54mm which I think is 1/32?

Hi Bob,

just came to mind: There is a post somewhere on ARC. Sorry but I don't exactly know where. I'm sure You'll be able to find it, however. (try the "tip's & trick's section" or something simular)

Anyway, a fellow ARC-ers has posted an article on how to sculpture exsisting figure's step by step. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it sure looks like fun to fool around with a bit... (once You get the hang of it)

I'll see if I can find the article. If so I'll let You know via this post.

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

but I was at a show a couple of years back and there were a couple of figures next to a Tomcat and they were gorgeous but I don't remember where the builder said they were from. :)

Thanks anyway.

Bob

Hey Bob,

Don't know if this is what you meant by "gorgeous" but they are listed as USN pilots. :)

USNPilots.jpg

Edited by BrockyTaz
Hi Bob,

I think Verlinden used to make a 1/32 US Navy figure. He was called 'Topgun' I believe and had a 'jester' moustache.

I have the biger 120mm one without the moustache that I'll start painting tomorrow as a VF-114 Driver in an orange flightsuit.

I've just looked mid-typing:

http://www.modelcentrum.pl/go/_info/?id=88...9e1423139b92a25

he is 54mm which I think is 1/32?

I can't believe it, I was looking for something and I opened a 1/32nd A-4 I had for sometime and it had this very figure in the box, I don't even remember ever getting one, what else is hidden in those box's ???? :) :yahoo::banana:

Thanks to all that helped out, ARC, what a great place. :nanner:

Bob