Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About loftycomfort

  • Rank
    RandomCatFacts fan

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
    Toronto, Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

22,805 profile views
  1. Their Jaguar kit has a bunch of resin by Aires.
  2. Hi there,

    Love the insightful thoughts you shared on the hunting thread. It shows you are a caring and responsible person. I hope your views influence others in a positive way too.



  3. Hi Fred, I believe there might be too much width discrepancy between the BB cockpit tub and the Academy kit to make things fit. You might be better off converting the kit's IP to backdate it to an analog one. Jake's F-16 book is an excellent resource for such a conversion. I actually build a CONA F-16B conversion using the Academy Sufa kit a couple of years ago. The difficult parts were the cockpit backdating and the vert fin base conversion. Here is my WIP thread: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=248178&st=0&p=2359855&hl=f-16b&fromsearch=1entry235
  4. Thanks for the heads-up. Did she have a firewall installed on her computer? Terry
  5. That's a real shame. I was very looking forward to a 1/32 Tiger kit. I would have bought two - one to be built with shark mouth, the other in Blue Angels. Hopefully Fisher Models will see an opening and come up with a resin one. Terry
  6. *Almost* finished now. Only missing items are the leading edge guns, hanging the bombs under the wings, and some minor touch-up. Terry
  7. Good progress made on the big Russian tube. I did some post-shading, then gloss coated it with Alclad Klear Kote, then a panel line wash, then applied some generic bort number and red star decals by Delta One. Now here she is: Next I'll work on the various odds and ends (landing gears, ordnance, pitots etc), then flat coat and final assembly. Thank you for looking. Terry
  8. Since the kitchen has better lighting than in my hobby dungeon, I thought I'd show you the post shaded build there: Next up is painting the dielectic panel on the vert fin tip, then the bombs, then gloss coat and decals. Terry
  9. I've done touching up and further weathering and effects on the camouflage over the weekend. First I worked on the green. This is how the camo looks without the effects: I misted on patches of yellow on the green: Then I added a drop of the green into Tamiya clear gloss (almost like a green tint), and sprayed it over the yellow to blend it back into the green: Now tan patches over the dark brown: then tied it back with brown tinted Tamiya clear gloss: It's still looks somewhat "meh" at the moment, but once I do some post shading, highlight the panel lines, then tie everything
  10. Masking. Priming. 4-tone camouflage painting (free-hand). All done. Lots of touching up to do, though. Terry
  11. Perfect. Thank you. Terry
  12. I'm holding the kit in my hands now. It uses the same radome as the original kit (part #206, same as my Revell Germany F-4F kit from a couple years ago). There is no retooled radome. Personally I don't care about the radome's shape, this is a decent kit at a very good price. Does anyone make a 1/32 F-4G decal sheet that is READILY available? Thank you. Terry
  13. I'm a bit on the opposite end of the spectrum - I actually enjoy fitting resin aftermarket sets into plastic kits. I enjoy the improved level of details, and I view any fitting problems as challenges that are fun to solve. I can't say the same for PE sets, though. I don't like their flattened look therefore I find them to be a less effective media for cockpits. Therefore whenever possible, I avoid using them and look for resin alternatives when it comes to improving details. Then there are full resin kits. While successfully installing a beautifully detailed resin cockpit set gives you i
  14. While deciding whether to build a Czech jet or Soviet jet, I discovered a frustrating problem with the kit. According to Google pics, Czech jets did not have the outer wing pylons. Some Soviet jets and Polish jets have them, but not on any operational silver painted jets. The outer wing pylons were only found on museum displays (Soviet and Polish) that were painted silver, or camo'd Soviet jets. After some more research, I found that the outer pylons were installed after 1972, by which time the Soviet jets were camouflage painted, and Czech AF might have retired their fleet already. The p
  • Create New...