Ok, time for another silly newbie question. I see all these great models on here and they all say that they use washes for gear bays, and basically anywhere else that needs to have the detail brought out.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that might have some good articles on how to usa and apply these washes? I am guessing that it is basically just a really thinned out paint that is applied, but I would love to read up on it more. Thanks in Advance

There's a couple of articles about washes on ARC. There are other ways of doing washes (such as using water and acrylic paint).

One bit of advice about all washes.......the liquid you make up to do the wash should be as clear as strong tea......you can build on it if you want more......subtle is the key......you're not painting......you're just adding shadows to provide depth to the area.

Steve B

Hello all. Thaks for all of the replies. I have read over the articles, but I have to say that the best link was the Scale Workshop. I love being able to actually see how to do it in a video. I knew you guys could help me out, and I am sure I will more silly questions in the future. Thanks again.

I used the chalk wash method for the first time last night on my F-15E, and I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I will post a couple of pics in the next couple of days.