Russian help please?

Hello All!

I was wondering if any of our Russian speakers could translate for me, the phrase "Mach City"? and maybe break it down for me phonetically? Im doing a diorama that i want to name.

Are you asking for a fictional Russian city named after Ernst Mach? I'm not 100% sure what it is you're asking for. "City" in Russian can be translated in many ways.

J

Hello All!

I was wondering if any of our Russian speakers could translate for me, the phrase "Mach City"? and maybe break it down for me phonetically? Im doing a diorama that i want to name.

Im trying to get a translation for the phrase...... in other words, in english you would say "mach city" how would you say this in russian? "mach" pertaining to the word meaning the speed of sound. thanx i advance for your help.

города Маха... first is "goroda" - "gorod" is town/city, Mach is a name, so it is the same as in other language. I was learning russian at basic school and mid school with english together, but due to no practice - all is gone now...I hope it helps.

Hello All!

Город Маха

Im trying to get a translation for the phrase...... in other words, in english you would say "mach city" how would you say this in russian? "mach" pertaining to the word meaning the speed of sound. thanx i advance for your help.

Mr Blue - SDA did a good job translating your phrase, but as a native russin-speaking person I can tell you, that this phrase won't be used in everyday's conversation.

I would say "supersonic city" (Сверхзвуковой город) and it would sound more "russian". Good Luck!

Leo.

PS. If you do not have Cyrillic alphabet font on your computer and see question marks or anything unreadable, I can create graphic image for you, so you would be able to print it on any printer.

Edited by Atlant
Mr Blue - SDA did a good job translating your phrase, but as a native russin-speaking person I can tell you, that this phrase won't be used in everyday's conversation.

I would say "supersonic city" (Сверхзвуковой город) and it would sound more "russian". Good Luck!

Leo.

PS. If you do not have Cyrillic alphabet font on your computer and see question marks or anything unreadable, I can create graphic image for you, so you would be able to print it on any printer.

Wow! exactly what I was looking for guys! thanx so much. can you tell me how to pronounce it so i dont sound like a doofus?

Hmmm... I can tell you how to pronounce it, but doing it thru forum?

Ok. let's try it..

sverhzvookovOj gOrod

(h should sound like in word "Hello")

Edited by Atlant