Well, finally called this one 'finished enough to display'

Still a couples of details to paint/finish, but I wanted to get this one off the bench to start something new (like an airplane!)

Here she is. Camo is what-if, inspired by one I saw in a FSM issue a couple of years ago. Swastika nad-drawn with a felt tip marker 'cuz the Revell-germany version had a white circle and no swastika inside it.

I loved this boat the moment I saw it, looks sleek and sexy...like alot of things the germans did in WWII.

IMG_9486-1-1.jpg

Now if only I can finish my 1/350 Musashi!

Edited by frankycee

Very, very nice! The disruptive camo looks very well executed.

I have the older 1:72 Airfix one to do in my stash, though this version is far more sinister looking!

:)

MikeJ

Cant think of anything...just follow instructions and your good sense...

I'm sure some reviewer out there have provided info on modifications that can help the kit, and some PE is also available, but ob it's a pretty straightforward kit I think...

Thanks dude.

The camo is what-if...but I found the standard Schnellbootweiss one-tome camo too boring. Couldnt help but try to replicate the one I saw in FSM.

There was a nice PT-??? Elco boat in that issue that made me want to build one to place along side the Schnellboot...

But I'm gonna finish my Musashi and lay off the ships for a while and start a plane...been on a no-building-planes phase for too long.

Thanks dude.

The camo is what-if...but I found the standard Schnellbootweiss one-tome camo too boring. Couldnt help but try to replicate the one I saw in FSM.

There was a nice PT-??? Elco boat in that issue that made me want to build one to place along side the Schnellboot...

But I'm gonna finish my Musashi and lay off the ships for a while and start a plane...been on a no-building-planes phase for too long.

Actually, some S-100s were done in disruptive camo. I remember seeing an advertisement for a book on the same page as a review of the kit.