Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I am a flight nurse, and have always been fascinated by rotorcraft. Though I have several heilcopter models, I have never gotten much further than painting the interior platform. I would some day like to build my "daily ride", an EC-135. I have a lot to learn about the basics of helicopter modeling. I have seen some incredible builds here, and know that there is a vast amount of talent and knowledge amongst the members. I have a Revll BO-105 that I would like to model after one of the early local flight services from the '80's. I would also like to tackle the first aircraft that I flew in, a Bell LongRanger. I have the old Revell JetRanger kit, and am following Michael's build closely. I was also excited to learn of the Dragon UH-1N kit, as I have always liked the Bell 412. I'll have to wait til I have some experience under my belt before attempting to tackle a project of that magnitude. Sorry for the rambling, I am just excited to see that there are other rotorwing enthusiasts out there. I look forward to learning and participating here in the months to come.

Sincerely,

David

137LN-1.jpg

My "Office"

Thanks for the warm welcome! Some of you had asked for a walk -around of my aircraft. I have included a link both on the "Reference" page and below. I apoligize that the photos loaded in reverse. The full shots are at the end, and the detail pictures at the begining. I just looked at the Revell ADAC EC-135 kit that I have. It will take some work to get the interior similar to our aircraft. I may end up getting one of the newer Revell 135's and/ or the EC-145 kit for details. Do the side and rear clamshell doors on any of the EC-135 kits open? I also noticed that on the EC-145 kit, is it my perception, or is the radio control head in the rear cabin on the right side of the aircraft? In our interior, it is on the left. The Reniasance EC-145 photoetched kit looks great, but may be a little too involved for a beginner project. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Sincerely,

David

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/ho...erno1/JeffSTAT/

Hi again David

Thanks for the intro. It is great to have you join up here. I know you will get much help from these guys, Erick is right they are an awesome bunch.

That is a nice machine you have there for work! You guys do a fantastic job indeed and thanks for the walkaround shots.

If I can help you with anything at all then dont hesitate to ask. I have an EC145 as a parts ship and am happy to send you anything I wont be using on my BK117, perhaps some medical interior bits will help?

Regarding the clamshell doors, none of the 32nd EC135 kits have the open option that I am aware. Something you may want to check is aparently some of the EC135 releases has a corrected tail fenestron tailrotor. I had a generous person on the site get me the EC135 "POLIS" version from Germany (kit number 04484) as it aparently is corrected. It also has another set of exhaust pipes. To be honest looking at the extra sprue I cant really see the difference. Others may know more.

Welcome aboard and we look forward to sharing model thoughts etc.

Cheers

Anthony