So, heres where I've got to so far/ As Ian said, the cockpit interior is black and not grey as on the Eduard p/e which meant repainting between the printed bits. I used Xtracolour "tyre black" to have some contart to the black of the instrument bezels that can be seen in the Isra book.

The first photo shows the p/e fret partially painted and the second one of the i/p's with some of the p/e attached. There are more bits to come and the panel itself has not been painted yet so I hope it will look a little better when it is finished. Watch this space!

DSCN0664.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

Oh yes! Nice one Derek! :P

This is perhaps the only kit of two I`d consider doing in 32nd (The other would be an Israeli F-4E). But I`m still too chicken to take it on and find room for the completed beast. :whistle:

I`ll be looking forward to seeing more, all the best with the build. :cheers:

Cheers, Ian

Edited by Ian Buick
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't made much progress as I pretty much only manage to build some week-ends but I figured I should show something else it would look like I disappeared! I have just about finished the cockpit - the seats and sticks and some final p/e pieces to go in (the p/e is what took the most time - there are over 100 parts for the cockpit and seats, many about the size of a pinhead, and another 60 knobs and switches to be made from 0.3mm wire!

The photos are not great but I hope you can see something. I put one in of the seats which still have quite a way to go.DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0867.jpg

DSCN0868.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg