Nice job so far.

Its really hard to tell on that blue from the pictures. The first one looks very grey, the second one seems very dark. The last two look better. This is probably a combination of the lighting/flash and the paints reaction to that, sometimes colours can come out very odd in photographs. If overall it looks somewhat like that last picture then you are probably in the ball park.

Azure blue is quite pale. This is one of the best known period colour pictures.AN.V in flight check out the air intake.

I built a DE/MS/Azure Spitfire for the NA/Med GB a while back. Using Xtracrylics as the base, I just postshaded by mixing in a little medium grey for darker shades and white for lighter shades.

Under-Flat1.jpg

Again, the pictures make it a little brighter than it really is, I leave my camera set to higher saturation, which isn't best for accurate colour reproduction.

Hope this helps though.

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks for the advice, the photo is awesome same with your model. I Just over sprayed the with a thin coat to blend the rest of the colour. My photos aren't the best which could explain some of it. Thanks again for the advice mate

Cheers Rodney

Finally finished 10-12 hrs airbrushing the last week. I tried to use the realisitc painting technique, after each colour i masked it up and airbrushed black than used 3 shades of that colour. however i came unstuck with black out lines between the green and earth (think i didn't roll the blu-tack into small enough snakes), so i patched it up and tried to make it a more of soft edge, in the process losing some of the effect. After some research when the aircraft arrived in OZ they painted foliage green over middle stone, looking at pictures i don't think they used matt's as most of the aircraft patterns vary from aircraft to aircraft. Anyway lets us know what u think so far? still got a fair bit of building and weathering to go(sorry if some of this is disjointed had very little sleep). Bad photo's once more sorry guys. Thanks for lookin

Regards Rodney

P3150001.jpg

P3150002.jpg

P3150003.jpg

P3150008.jpg

P3150009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, finally finished the spit Vc, tried to make a very heavily used spit that was used for about a year, plus Darwin's weather (every been there u'll know what i mean) and adopting em to the tropic's. I think I went too far with the weathering, but i'm happy and learnt a lot of things from this model. I'd like to say the models in this group build have been excellent and inspiring to make me do better. Any comments good or bad are more than welcome.

Thanks for looking

Regards Rodney

P3290001.jpg

P3290002.jpg

P3290004.jpg

P3290006.jpg

P3290007.jpg

P3290008.jpg

P3290010.jpg

P3290012.jpg

P3290017.jpg

P3290014.jpg

Hi, Rodney.

I quite like the end result.

The colours and weathering look very good to me.

I don't think you "overweathered" the airframe.

Maybe there is too much gun powder on the wings, but I do not know what the gun powder deposit pattern looked like on a Spitfire.

Cheers, Stefan.

Nice finish. The weathering is quite heavy, but not at all inaccurate, especially the oil stains down the centreline. Thanks for detailing your painting steps through this, it was interesting to read.

Cheers,

Tom