Happy New Year everyone! I have been looking for a 1/48 scale A3B/D; did any manufacture ever make one and if so do we know if they can still be found?

Combat Models makes a vacuform kit with extras atCombat Models 48-026 and Collectaire makes an EA-3B at Collectaire

Edited by CreepyGuy

The CollectAire kit is really expensive, but it's also pretty nice. With some work, you can make an A-3B out out it. Lou at CA sent me a the gun turret from the B-66 kit, and while not exact, it's close enough that I was able to make an A3D (A-3A) out of it. If you've got the cash, the CA kit is really the only game in town. The problem with the vac kits is that you've got to do some much scrachtbuilding for the detail. You either pay with money or pay with time. I can only dream that someone will release a 1/48 scale Whale in injection plastic.

I myself have an interest in the A3Ds and have been looking around for 1 in 1/48 as well.

I found this awhile back

http://oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=4...;searchtext=A3D

There is another Vac company that's s'pose to be doing up a 1/32 A3D & the RA-5C. I cannot for the life of me recal the name... Sanger???

Eddie

It was Sanger that said they was doing one.