Revell 1/32 F-4F Phantom II "50th Anniversary"

Has anybody had a look at this kit, is it pretty much the same as the other Revell F-4s? I have hunted around online for reviews but there doesn't seem to be anything.

It is selling for about £30, so if it a good kit I might invest!

Thanks for your help.

Has anybody had a look at this kit, is it pretty much the same as the other Revell F-4s? I have hunted around online for reviews but there doesn't seem to be anything.

It is selling for about £30, so if it a good kit I might invest!

Thanks for your help.

It's a re-issue from their previous F-4F Phantom II (engraved panel-lines). The only difference is that they have

included a new decal-sheet. It is also said that RoG supplied the paint. Building this Phabulous Phantom must therefore

be a blast. When the paint instructions point out to use "Revell **", than that should be the colour !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I've been one of the designers and also sent them the refs after the jet has been phinished. Met with the guy who is responsible for the modelling branch of REVELL right at the jet after we landed from the

post maintainance check flight.

He is a great guy, has been a modeller too, 'til he started working for REVELL, now he doesn't have time for his hobby anymore.

He has been really happy when I told him that his paint withstood Mach 1.6

The kit itself is the old one, It I pointed out the biggest problems with it to him (Cockpit, Nose, Canopy

and vertical tail) but he said the the plastick has already been molded in Korea from the old molds. No change there. The decal guy was a real pro. He nailed the Rhino on the fuselages spot on. (and the are a little different on each side, on the real thing and the decal sheet)

Only smal drawback are the decals for the golden numbers on the tail. They turn out too yellowish on the model, but the sheet also provides the band with the flag and the wing badges as an extra add on, so you could paint them.

Take care !

SCOUT

I've been one of the designers and also sent them the refs after the jet has been phinished. Met with the guy who is responsible for the modelling branch of REVELL right at the jet after we landed from the

post maintainance check flight.

He is a great guy, has been a modeller too, 'til he started working for REVELL, now he doesn't have time for his hobby anymore.

He has been really happy when I told him that his paint withstood Mach 1.6

The kit itself is the old one, It I pointed out the biggest problems with it to him (Cockpit, Nose, Canopy

and vertical tail) but he said the the plastick has already been molded in Korea from the old molds. No change there. The decal guy was a real pro. He nailed the Rhino on the fuselages spot on. (and the are a little different on each side, on the real thing and the decal sheet)

Only smal drawback are the decals for the golden numbers on the tail. They turn out too yellowish on the model, but the sheet also provides the band with the flag and the wing badges as an extra add on, so you could paint them.

Take care !

SCOUT

Yep, I have a bunch of the E's. They are nice, but Scout's right about the problems. I wish one of the resin guys would tackle this beast, it has huge potential. (Hint: Harold and Chris :) :thumbsup: )

I bet they say 35% Revell xx, 25% Revell xx and 40% Revell xx

I know what you mean but Revell aren't the only ones who do this, even the "perfect" Tamiya and Hasegawa do this but no one seems to mind it when they do it?

I would love this Phantom but I've too many other kits to get through first and its a bit big for me at the moment. Anybody have pictures of the decal sheet?

I know what you mean but Revell aren't the only ones who do this, even the "perfect" Tamiya and Hasegawa do this but no one seems to mind it when they do it?

I asked him if Revell is willing to release the correct color. They won't because they just can't afford to get every possible color released. It's all about money and when this jet will not be produced anymore, nobody cares about the color. Especially here in Europe, where most kiddies play with the computer...

SCOUT

I havn't built any kits by Hasegawa and the likes yet, I though it was just a Revell trait! :)

I know what you mean but Revell aren't the only ones who do this, even the "perfect" Tamiya and Hasegawa do this but no one seems to mind it when they do it? <...>

I think people would be happy if Revell supplied the proper code (FS, RAL, BS....) for the colour, not just their mixes. Some of the kits have that (the F-14D from a couple of years ago had FS codes), but not all. Not sure how Tamiya and Hasegawa tackle this.