Czech Spitfire LF. Mk. IXE

I have already tested the two component polyester putty - the orange one.. the smell is not so bad, it hards about one hour and it makes very hard sufrace. I have not tried to scribe into it, but I guess it would be the same as scribing into plastic...

Edited by olda homola

Yesterday evening... the war :whistle: ... with filing and sanding have been finished.

The first battle with doing the camouflage took place... The result: antena on the underwing side broken off... One of the gun broken off... I also didn´t reveal the little (but visible) mistake (bad sanding) on the leading edge, so I had to correct it during airbrushing... The yellow and sky colour are done as well as the white spinner. Therefore score: Shame vs finished operation is 3:3. Well, I must pull myself up... :)

spit_017.jpg

Best regards,

David

Edited by David Koktavý

Well, despite some little problems, I think today I am a winner :crying:

spit_018.jpg

spit_019.jpg

spit_020.jpg

Normallly I can do acceptable soft edges, but as you see in the picture I had to touch up some edges for today... However this is the stage of the build which make me happy.

spit_021.jpg

The czech spitfires were several times overpainted. So I tried to do my interpretation of it. Now I want touch up little mistake in Dark Green colour. It is seen between ex-RAF Roundel and rear ex-code letter...

spit_022.jpg

spit_023.jpg

Hello guys,

thanks for looking and comments. For this weekend it is all (see photo)

Nice work David!

Hope I see her the wednesday after next wednesday!

I am afraid I will not manage it, because the next week I am going to sky to Italy (oohh weekend without modeling :woot.gif: ) . Furthermore I forget bomb racks B) , because it is not included in Hasegawa kit (of course because it is IXc...) I miss it, so I have to look for it and wait... But fortunatelly I realized it before end of the build.

The next step will be weathering. I would like to use the Vallejo paints for the first time. It will be little experiment...

spit_025.jpg

Edited by David Koktavý
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

guys, thanks for your kind comments again.

Well, after a longer time I am here. In the pictures bellow you can see how I did the bomb racks. (Ouuu yes, you also see that I didn´t fill the gap between gun barrel and wing. I am sorry...) I used the "raw" parts from Kopro Kit (Milan thank you for those parts) and improved it using "fidly" things. As you can see, the geometry is not ideal, but considering its scale it is acceptable to me... I later added the cover plate near bomb racks.

spit_030.jpgspit_031.jpgspit_032.jpgspit_033.jpg

I would like to share with you my first experience with making the weathering using Vallejo paints. I point that I have used mostly the "Glaze" series. It has very simmilar behaviour as oil paints. But IMHO the oil is better, however it is worth to use the Vallejo because it is healthy and odourless...

spit_034.jpgspit_035.jpg

After wipping out the colour, there remained some matt areas on the undersurfaces. I was afraid that it will be visible after finishing the kit. Nevertheless nothing was seen after spraying the matt cote. I think it occured because of the non 100% glossy surface.

spit_036.jpg

spit_037.jpgspit_038.jpg

Well, after it I made some chipping with the Vallejo paints again, added the exhaust stains (with airbrush) etc... The Spitfire is already finished. I will post the final pictures as soon as possible. Thanks for looking,

best regards ;) ,

David

Edited by David Koktavý

Hello David,

A top build and excellent work on the bomb racks. Looking forward to seeing the finished pictures.

My Czech Spitfire has stalled a bit whilst I try to clear a few others form my workbench. I will post pics when I make some progress.

Hello, let´s see at my finished Spit. It is my first atempt to make weathering and chipping using Vallejo paints.

Best regards,

David

BTW. I would like to start another Spit in this GB. Unfornutanelly no Tamiya Spits in our store :monkeydance:

2009_0309_spit_IXE_035_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_039_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_005_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_008_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_022_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_001_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_010_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_027_f.jpg

2009_0309_spit_IXE_028_f.jpg

Edited by David Koktavý
  • 1 month later...