Hello, few pics of my Spit..

roundels were sprayed using Montex Mask (for 1/72 Wellington :monkeydance: ), fin flash sprayed...

I used my friend czech modeller method of preshading - painted some of panels with white and yellow to add contrast..

P1010556.jpg

P1010551.jpg

However, on the bottom I should used light blue instead of yellow (it´s too contrast)

Edited by olda homola

Sorry guys,

my PC collapsed :whistle: , so I can´t post any update...

Only with words - the upper surfraces, leading edges, code letters and strip in front of tail were sprayed...

Next are upper roundels on wings, fuselage roundels, decals (S/N, score board..etc.) and little bit of weathering.. :coolio:

Edited by olda homola
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, another thing - all roundels and codes were sprayed, using mostly Montex mask for Wellington (Roudels)

and mask for letters made by my friend - thanks Bořik!

Another stunning Spitfire. I am loving this group build. Inspiring. :D

The kit is good old Hasegawa 1/72....

I wonder, if Airfix will be better...

Hi

I saw the "new" Airfix and actually it is the old one.

Now your work is spot on for me.

Congratulations.

Patrick

Edited by VG 33

thanks a lot!

Hi

I saw the "new" Airfix and actually it is the old one.

Patrick,

but I´ve seen some pics of that Airfix Spit and the panel lines were engraved (at last)

So to understand you right - the base for this kit is that old mould? And only "rescribed" :pray: :P ?

thanks a lot!

Patrick,

but I´ve seen some pics of that Airfix Spit and the panel lines were engraved (at last)

So to understand you right - the base for this kit is that old mould? And only "rescribed" :huh: :( ?

Actually there is a review in the French magazine "Air Magazine" and it is told that is the 1960s' kit.

That's all.

Patrick

Very attractive model. Will you be doing another for the GB?

Well Johnsan,

I´d like to, already started another IX from Hasegawa, this time little conversion to "E" wing with open canopy..but I´m not sure If I finish it till the end of GB..

Edited by olda homola
Actually there is a review in the French magazine "Air Magazine" and it is told that is the 1960s' kit.

That's all.

Patrick

The old one is still available in a modern box, but the 'new' one is assuredly new - test shots were shown at the IPMS Nats (and component test shots prior to that) but it hasn't been released yet - they also have a PRXIX coming as well.

Edited by Dave Fleming
The old one is still available in a modern box, but the 'new' one is assuredly new - test shots were shown at the IPMS Nats (and component test shots prior to that) but it hasn't been released yet - they also have a PRXIX coming as well.

Good news so!

Patrick