Italeri 1/72 Intruder A6-E

Its been a while since i finished the Tomcat but here is my latest build a Italeri 1/72 Intruder A6-E.

I used Mr Hobby paints, Promodellers Dark Wash, and Hi Decals decals.

I got the kit from ebay but it didn't have any decals and i could only find the Hi Decals in 1/72 and i have to say they were the worst decals i've ever had the misfortune of using, they were brittle, wouldn't settle even with micro sol and would brake up if you looked at them the wrong way :D , hence why some of them never made it on to the intruder, this is the first time i've used their decals so maybe i had on old dodgy set from Hannants? but i wasn't impressed.

Anyway here are the pics, i'm quite happy how it turned out in the end i loved the kit and will get another, just waiting for the Trumpeter 1/32 intruder! Hope you like.

DSCN3218.jpg

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3221.jpg

DSCN3223.jpg

DSCN3225.jpg

DSCN3226.jpg

DSCN3227.jpg

GHost

You have to love the Italeri A-6E kits. Right out of the box you can fold the wings and open up the ladders.

Fine work you put into yours. It's looks great despite the problems with the decals you mentioned.

I'm more of a hi-viz man but your Intruder looks very fine!

I guess I have to try the Italeri kit one day since the end result looks this good. The Fujimi A-6 is a nice kit but not exactly perfect.