Op Herrick Harrier GR9

Nearly finished,few small bit's to add /refit,bit of touch up here & there & I've just noticed one of the outer pylons is missing...

Not fully decalled yet as I'm getting the Herrick sheet.

CRV7's are scratchbuilt.

Merv

Image321.jpg

Image316.jpg

Image320.jpg

nice model

whats the kit like to build, ive got it lined up next with a pair of paveways liberated from the eurofighter kit and im trying to get hold of decals for a 800 NAS machine

It's nice & relatively easy with a lot of nice details.Only one or two bad point's are the fit of the wings once assembled,you have to twist & bend them to get them to fit & you might need to trim down the edges.

The poly caps on the engine nozzels are a waste of time imho.

Other than that,very nice build.

Merv

This is the jet I'm modelling.

199.jpg

thats a relief, im only just getting back into modeling, and i dont want too many challenges yet

ive got a few harriers but fancied a navy version for a change, ive got the old tamiya FS1 kit aswell, but im working up to that

this is the one i fancy but need to source a decal sheet

800nas.jpg

It's nice & relatively easy with a lot of nice details.Only one or two bad point's are the fit of the wings once assembled,you have to twist & bend them to get them to fit & you might need to trim down the edges.The poly caps on the engine nozzels are a waste of time imho.

Other than that,very nice build.

Merv

This is the jet I'm modelling.

You can't assemble the upper to lower wings off the fuselage, you need to add the lower wing as per the instructions to the fuselage first, then drop the upper wing on.

It's been discussed here quite often, the way I did mine was to assemble the upper wing,Lex, and turtle deck as one unit, then place the lower wings in place on the fuselage, then add the upper wing assembly.

Curt

Edited by Netz
You can't assemble the upper to lower wings off the fuselage, you need to add the lower wing as per the instructions to the fuselage first, then drop the upper wing on.

It's been discussed here quite often, the way I did mine was to assemble the upper wing,Lex, and turtle deck as one unit, then place the lower wings in place on the fuselage, then add the upper wing assembly.

Curt

Revell instructions tell you to assemble upper & lower wing parts & then fit them to the fusalage with the LERX ect already installed,which I did.

Merv

Revell instructions tell you to assemble upper & lower wing parts & then fit them to the fusalage with the LERX ect already installed,which I did.

Merv

That's always been the problem with these Harrier kits, be they in a Hasegawa or a Revell box - if you follow the instructions then you end up with fit issues, either around the wings, the LERX or the turtle deck (or whatever that square piece behind the cockpit is called).

The best solution I've found is to do what Netz suggests and glue the LERX to the upper wing surface before assembly. Oh yes, and glue the engine bell mouth to the front fuselage before adding it to the main fuselage rather than gluing it into the main fuselage and trying to get the front fuse to fit (as the Hasegawa instructions suggest!)

After building six of these kits I think I've just about got it all figured out, but it still trips me up in places if I'm not careful...

Edited by Bobski

Thanks peep's,

Found the pylon in the bin bag,which was hanging on the cupboard handle where I was taking the photo's.

The CRV7 pods were made using the back end from the SNEB pods from the Airfix Buccaneer with nose cones from the rocket pods from the Tamiya Skyraider.

The TIALD pod is scratchbuilt again useing a pod from the spares box & the ventral strake.

The pilot's in there to hide that I've used a seat from a F/A-18 until I can source a proper one.

Merv

Merv

I think you missed this.

Curt

AV-8Binst001.jpg

• 1 month later...
Oh no I did'nt!You cant miss something that's not there,can you????????????

Image323.jpg

Spike, I don't have the Revell kit, But what does that roll of tape next to the lower wings represent???

Curt

The tape means you're supposed to tape the parts together so the glue can set.

The Revell instructions also want you to add the intake trunking to the main fuselage halves rather than the assemnbled front fuselage.

Edited by ChernayaAkula