OK Paul here goes... I know we were shooting for a Mike but based on what crappy reference i could find its going to have to be an F...

This kit was a recent gift from the same good friend who got me started on ARC, so its fitting that this is my first build post. I'ce decided to go with an aggressor scheme on this one.

Some very minor mods but essentially oob...

Bastardized hobbycraft/hasegawa seat, hasegawa IP and coaming...

DSCN1124.jpg

to fit in the cheesy modded sci fi cockpit (those are F-15 side panels chopped and laminated over the stock armrests)...

DSCN1123.jpg

DSCN1122.jpg

ugly spaces to fix...

DSCN1120.jpg

hasegawa can...

DSCN1119.jpg

plastic card panel and nav light base...

DSCN1118.jpg

and a chop-shop fan facade...

DSCN1126.jpg

thats it so far--- a little putty and elmer's glue are drying in some seams and spaces now, and painting up my cool sci fi cockpit. more later :whistle:

Edited by 1/48 scale pilot
oh dude I missed this one.

I like the addition of the fan.

I better see the finished product on your shelf in August!

Slow going but I think I'll have it done by then-

sorry for the crappy pics-

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1129.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

DSCN1131.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

Intake trunking, canopy and masking tomorrow- then primer and paint. Stay tuned...

paint is pretty much done. mixed the sky blue myself, the dark blue and gray are strait from the (tamiya) jars... The pics show the colors a bit more saturated than they actually are, so bear with me. ok i got carried away with it and didn't take many pics in the process, so here's where it stands;

DSCN1134.jpg

starboard side...

DSCN1137.jpg

port side...

DSCN1138.jpg

underside...

paint is sealed in Future and waiting for decals... more to come soon

Edited by 1/48 scale pilot

Ok, final assembly's done and all thats left is weathering, and deciding whether or not to hang a pair of TER's and some pig iron on her...what do you think?

O know the sqn is fictitious, i took some artistic license based on the few ( very few) pics i could find of marine a-4's painted up in adversary colors.

DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1188.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

with a bit of weathering she should come up very nice indeed! not sure about the bombs though, not very aggressor?

keep the photos coming though, whichever way you decide to go, i'm very keen to have a lookie!

with a bit of weathering she should come up very nice indeed! not sure about the bombs though, not very aggressor?

keep the photos coming though, whichever way you decide to go, i'm very keen to have a lookie!

I was thinking the same, thus the hesitation... :) thanks!

just a quick question. according to my references, the USMC, and for that matter, the USN aggressor scooters didnt display a tailcode as such. I was just thinking, if you wanted to get really accurate, I have the decal sheet for an USMC aggressor A-4E. I know how different they are, but thiking you could use the topgun markings for your A-4? if you want to know more, PM me and I'll send you a colour scan of the decal sheet so you can see it in relation to the aircraft your representing.

Thanks Mick! i appreciate the offer, but im happy the way she is. I "referenced" a single pic for the paint, in which the plane was unadorned except for stenciling, and a 2nd pic which aparently nobody knows anything, posted here

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=188834

I liked this one, and have seen decals for this sqn for line units, but decided to go with the blue scheme instead. its fictitious, but im cool with that :doh:

might want to do a hasegawa E though.... PM me , lets talk :)

• 3 weeks later...