EF-2000 GAF Questions

Ah. Does the Typhoon have any double rails allowing for 2 AAMs at one station? Or is it envisioned as on missile per?
spanish Typhoons have tested double rails

IMG_60112.JPG

Currently it is one missile per pylon. You couldn't fit a dual-launcher onto the integrated tip-stub pylon because it is a part of the DASS system (the chaff dispenser is built into the rail). Clearly the Spanish have loaded a dual-launcher onto the outboard pylon, but as far as I'm aware that's all they've done. I don't believe it is a cleared config.

:jaw-dropping:

If you could put that graphic back up you had earlier, it explains why it looks like you could do 6 MRAAMS (4 body, 2 on inner wing rail), and 6 SRAAM (1 outer, double rail just inboard). Is that graphic not correct? Or is it not intended to show realistic configurations?

It would really help the modeling world if you guys could advance the flight test schedule to get more stores cleared.

Just saying...

Well said! Can't believe the GAF doesn't use PIRATE--that just doesn't fit into my modelliong plans at all! Ideally, they would start flying some live air-to-air sorties too, since I like to build subjects as used operationally. C'mon GAF, go find a fight somewhere!!!

If you could put that graphic back up you had earlier, it explains why it looks like you could do 6 MRAAMS (4 body, 2 on inner wing rail), and 6 SRAAM (1 outer, double rail just inboard). Is that graphic not correct? Or is it not intended to show realistic configurations?

Intended to show possible configurations using dual-launcher ?????

efaajk1.jpg

Net Photo

Intended to show possible configurations using dual-launcher ?????

efaajk1.jpg

Net Photo

Right.

Skyflash and Aspide are a definite no.

As for the rest, who knows? The Spanish Air Force may look at a dual launcher, but that doesn't mean it will be cleared or even flown by anyone other than the Spanish. I will say that the only air-to-air loads that are currently cleared on the aircraft are the ones I detailed above.

Any more images of this thing?

Possibly, but not in flight. It's a twin missile carrier. It's not cleared for flight and was probably dug out of the stores somewhere to air it for a few photos. It's certainly not an "in-service" store...