How do i do to remove old paints ?

I've read the tip to use brake fluid for that (enamels). Dissolves plastic glue as well.

I've used brake fluid & it works pretty well. It will not, however, dissolve styrene glue because it's not a glue so much as a weld.

"Plastic" glue melts the plastic so that it fuses when it dries. I have no idea what effect it has on CA glued joints though ...

Gmo

Drop it into Castol Super Clean (the purple bottle) it will remove the paint without harming the palastic. Let it soak then scrub the model under cold running water with a toothbrush and rinse well, or the paint won't stick (I learned this the hard way).

Make sure you wear gloves and work in a well ventilated area.

-Chris

I've got a step by step article with photos here on paint stripping using squirt type oven cleaner.....virtually no fumes........quick, easy to do.

http://s96920072.onlinehome.us/tnt1/001-10...ping/tnt038.htm

You'll find move articles on this topic under "stripping paint" in the Tool 'n' tips section.

Good luck.......it's quite easy to do.

Steve B

Drop it into Castol Super Clean (the purple bottle) it will remove the paint without harming the palastic. Let it soak then scrub the model under cold running water with a toothbrush and rinse well, or the paint won't stick (I learned this the hard way).

Make sure you wear gloves and work in a well ventilated area.

-Chris

I agree with Chris.

Castrol Super Clean is the best paint stripper out there. :D

Paint Strippers

Mike

Castrol Super Clean is the best paint stripper out there.  :D

Not available in the UK though :blink:

That would create a problem. :lol:

Then my second choice would be Easy-Off oven cleaner or it's counterpart in the UK. :lol:

Mike