Who makes good Stencel seats in 1/72? Preferably not too hard to find in the US....

Thanks!

A quick Google search shows that Neomega makes a resin set. Neomega's sets are top quality - you definitely get what you pay for with them. Also, depending on what you want to use this for, there might be a resin cockpit set from CMK or Aires with what you need.

I do not know of any US based companies that carry Neomega, which is a pity. Still, they are not difficult to come by, Parade Figures carry this line and they are simply wonderful and easy to deal with.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Big Kohona

Hi Andrew,

I got a nice set of Pavla Stencil seats for my (one day to be made!) Portuguese Alpha Jet since they used ex-German birds. The seats are pretty nice and they do fit the Airfix/MPC cockpit but will need just a bit of modding to look just right since the front and rear seats are slightly differen because of the canopy breakers.

Now, if Madame Pavla would make a cockpit and correction set with tail end chaff/flare dispensors and ECM lumps and bumps, I could (conceivably) make a show stopper!

If I recall correctly (its been over a year now), I got them at Great Models for a decent price so give them a try.

By the way, what bird do you plan on using them in?

Cheers,

WARDOG

Linden Hill Imports (located in New York) carries Neomega -- http://lindenhillimports.com/neomega.htm

I have ordered from them and can highly recommend them.

Frank

Yes, right Frank. I totally forgot about Linden Hill. Wouldn't put too much faith in Great Models though. I think they "special order" Pavla and several other aftermarket things in, so you end up waiting and waiting.

I order from Hannants on a regular basis. Aside from them always having what I on hand, I find I receive my items quickly and even after exchange and shipping, there is still a good savings to be had as compared to purchasing from a hobby shop (online or otherwise) in the US or Canada. I find these especially true with the sets from such companies as Pavla, Quickboost and Aires.

By the way, what bird do you plan on using them in?

Eventually, if I can plan the time (since just about everything else in the project is planned out by now), a what-if production F-111B, circa 1980's in TPS and fleet squadron markings. :)