RCAF H-21 Workhorse (Shawnee) Photos Needed

Hi,

I'm trying to find further photos of the H-21 Workhorse (Shawnee) used in the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). I already have the two books by Pat Martin as well as have seen the photos on Airliners.net and the CanMilAir decal site.

I have also looked at the Belcher Bits Decals and Leading Edge Decals (which I have).

If anyone has any never before seen photos in colour or black and white I would love to see them.

This will help me finish off my Italeri H-21 kit.

Many thanks in advance,

Harold

I have this book on the H-21

http://www.amazon.com/Piasecki-H-21-Helico...9550&sr=8-1

It is a good book and has a section for the non-US operators including a chapter on Canadian H-21s.

Are you looking for anything specific? I can take a look when I get home and see if there is anything useful you may not have.

Hi,

I'm trying to find further photos of the H-21 Workhorse (Shawnee) used in the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). I already have the two books by Pat Martin as well as have seen the photos on Airliners.net and the CanMilAir decal site.

I have also looked at the Belcher Bits Decals and Leading Edge Decals (which I have).

If anyone has any never before seen photos in colour or black and white I would love to see them.

This will help me finish off my Italeri H-21 kit.

Many thanks in advance,

Harold

Harold, there is one sitting in the museum airpark here at Comox--google the Comox Airforce Museum

What details are you looking for--PM me if you have time, I could always walk around it with my digicam.

Very nice looking model! Wish you had some additional detail pictures.

John

John that model is on the CanMilAir site (link was just below the pic) I'm sure if you dropped a note to Bill Burns, he would pass it on to the builder & perhaps put you in direct contact with him (Bill Wofford of Snellville, Georgia)

Harold, there is one sitting in the museum airpark here at Comox--google the Comox Airforce Museum

What details are you looking for--PM me if you have time, I could always walk around it with my digicam.

Hi,

Many thanks for the offer. I have actually been to see that helo a few years back with my wife. From what I read somewhere though, is that it actually is a USAF bird made up in Canadian colours. What leads me to that is the port side window near the cockpit is painted over where as the Canadian helos had the escape hatch there after being modified. 641 also had the later trapezoid shaped tails from photos I have seen.

Thanks, Harold

108CRU Bagotville, QC 1954

H-21A9610108CRURCAFSBagotvilleQC195.jpg

102CRU Canadian Joint Air Training Centre Rivers, MB 1956

H-21A9615102CRUCJATCRCAFSRiversMB19.jpg

June, 1956

H216159Jun56.jpg

103RU Greenwood, NS

H44A_9591_103RU_Greenwood.jpg

No. 4 (Transport) OTU, 1961

Hi Sean,

Thanks for posting the pics. I intend to do a couple more in the future to include an all natural metal version.

Harold

(Go Canucks GO Finally!!)

H21B_9641_H21A_9610_H34A_9631_No4Tr.jpg

121KU

H21A_9611_QT611_121KU.jpg

102CRU, CJATC Rivers, MB 1956

H21A9615102CRUCJATCRiversMB1956.jpg

108CRU Bagotville, QC

H21-B9636108CommFltRCAFSBagotvilleQ.jpg