Taking a break from the Eduard 110 monster. This is Tamiya’s 1/48th D-9 kit, a nice sanity build. While I do not subscribe to the theory that all D-9s had open wheel wells, I did elect to do this one with the open wells. I have a couple of the Eagle engine inserts but they leave a lot to be desired, so I used the full engine out of an old Verlinden detail set. Too bad most of it is buried in the fuselage. The resin cockpit is an old one from Cutting Edge. It’s nice to build something that doesn’t require a bunch of re-engineering and putty.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Dave

D0c.jpg

D9a.jpg

D9b.jpg

D9d.jpg

D9e.jpg

Edited by HistnScale
Taking a break from the Eduard 110 monster. This is Tamiya’s 1/48th D-9 kit, a nice sanity build.

Your sanity build involves Verlinden? Sir, sir... :bandhead2:

Love the cockpit btw - finely done and flawless to the eye. Not to be a pest but I've now got to follow this one, too!

• 2 months later...

So, after an enforced layoff due to another surgery, I’m finally getting some quality model time in. Here is the latest on the D-9 project. The scheme is for “white 12†from JG-301 based on the information presented in the Japo Fw 190D vol. II book.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comments are always welcome.

Dave

D9-1.jpg

D9-2.jpg

D9-3.jpg

D9-4.jpg

D9-5.jpg