Kinetic C-2 in the works?

A guy over on Hyperscale claims to have it on good authority that Kinetic will be releasing a C-2 later in 2010. Hopefully this is the case. I can't explain why but I really like the COD. Given that my display shelf space is at a premium, I think I'll hold off on purchasing the E-2 and wait it out for the trash hauler version.

Regards,

John

Edited by 11bee

It would be a relatively easy adaptation to the E-2 kit, but I'm thinking a smaller audience would be attracted to it. Though hauling beans & bullets is critical to supporting the force, I don't know how many folks would jump on it. Perhaps a smarter option is to hold off on producing a seperate kit of the C-2 per se, and inlcude the necessary parts to do either a C-2 or an E-2.

It would be a relatively easy adaptation to the E-2 kit, but I'm thinking a smaller audience would be attracted to it. Though hauling beans & bullets is critical to supporting the force, I don't know how many folks would jump on it. Perhaps a smarter option is to hold off on producing a seperate kit of the C-2 per se, and inlcude the necessary parts to do either a C-2 or an E-2.

Definately a subject aimed at a smaller subset of the modeling population but I hope that Kinetic goes for it. They can utilize a good portion of the E-2 kit, so that should keep development costs down a bit.

Just did some googling, there are some really nice looking paint schemes for the C-2. Plus, it will give those what-if modelers a chance to build the mythical AC-2 carrier launched gunship version!

Regards,

John

Definately a subject aimed at a smaller subset of the modeling population but I hope that Kinetic goes for it. They can utilize a good portion of the E-2 kit, so that should keep development costs down a bit.

Not really...main wing, inboard vertical stabs, wheels, props, windshield wipers and cockpit glass are about it. Everything else is different.

HTH

Spongebob

Not really...main wing, inboard vertical stabs, wheels, props, windshield wipers and cockpit glass are about it. Everything else is different.

HTH

Spongebob

Good point, it really isn't a matter of just popping out a new fuselage. That being said, I still hope they decide to go for it.

...How long has it taken to finally get an injected molded E-2? And there seem to be multiple versions in the works...Not surprised that a C-2 is at least (possibly) being considered, as it is one more piece of the USN's fleet air component. And while it may take more than just popping out a new fuselage as has already been mentioned, there are at least some common parts to reduce the initial tooling investment somewhat. And given that there have been some nice tail schemes, I think the modeling interest might just be surprising...after all, precious few people have experienced a carrier aircraft trap and/or catapult launch...many of those courtesty of the COD. Brian, get crackin' on some more decals for Grumman prop-types...

A guy over on Hyperscale claims to have it on good authority that Kinetic will be releasing a C-2 later in 2010. Hopefully this is the case. I can't explain why but I really like the COD. Given that my display shelf space is at a premium, I think I'll hold off on purchasing the E-2 and wait it out of the trash hauler version.

Regards,

John

He likely is basing that info on what Raymond said here about the possibilities of a C-2.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry1747949

Edited by Scooby