VFA-31 Tomcatters F/A-18E

Dear friends of ARC

This is my idea for a Super Bug of the VFA-31, the kit that i had used in this build is the Revell First "e" version kit, that is based in Prototype, and needs some corrections to represent a operational Super Bug. For this build a use the Pavla Models Resin Seats, Eduard Cockpit PE set and the great quality decals from Twobobs, the decal sheet used here is "The rockin Rhinos 7", and had markings for two birds, one in low viz(that i choose), and one of the cag bird, that i pretend buil and use in a hasegawa "ecoh" bug.

The build is easy and without big problems, just the conversion for a operational aircraft is necessary, i had to change the nose and wing areas, but as i said, is not complicated, you need just a little bit of patience. The decals looks great and had very accuracy. the loadout that i choose for this bird is a usual load of the super bugs Squad's. This is compost of 2XAim-9L. 2XAGM-88 HARM, a Flir Pod, 1XAim-120C and a tank in the center line station.

lets go to the pic's

PC080024-1.jpg

PC080025-1.jpg

PC080027-1.jpg

PC080028-1.jpg

PC080030.jpg

i hope that you enjoy

cheers

Pompeo

Edited by POMPEO

You threw me off with your title. When you said the Revell kit was the prototype, I didn't quite understand, because the Revell kit is pretty much the production version. But then I looked at your pictures and realized it's the RoG release of the Italeri kit. Nice job on it!

thank's friend's, i'm glad that you like it

Darren, you right, the kit had the same problems that italeri's super bug

cheers

Um, that kit WAS the Italeri Super Hornet, just in a different box. Completely unrelated to Revell's own tooling of the Super Hornet, other than both are kits of the FA-18E.

Nice job. I have the Revell version of their own F/A-18E/F and they have their own problems too. Overall they build up into nice looking SH's with a little elbow grease.