1/72 Hasegawa F-2A OOB build

And now something completely different. An easy kit of a plane with an elegant camouflage. This aint an Amodel or Liberty Quality Kit... and I find it almost boring to build ! Call me a weirdo but I'm more eager to work on a High Planes Nesher/Finger/Cheetah or an Italeri Fitter than continuing building this: I like preparing parts, dry-fitting, taking care of seams of a 3D representation of an aircraft. Painting and decaling can go wrong too easily.

The kit barely requires parts preparation and puttying but the cockpit is disappointing: huge gaps between the IP and its coaming and also the rear cockpit tub and the upper fuselage half. The kit is very nice otherwise. I've gotta finish this build fast so that I'll be ready when the Warsaw Pact GB starts.

hasegawaF2AenCroix1.jpg

hasegawaF2AenCroix2.jpg

Looking good so far. What will she carry?

Everything Hasegawa provides: three tanks, four ASMs, two AAM-3s.

Very nice work up to now! which color will you use for painting?

I hesitate a bit: Humbrol 77 and 144 or Gunze 54 and 56.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone the Humbrol way. Do not use 144: it's a vaguely blueish grey but not a blue at all. I've just sprayed 109 (WWI Blue) and it looks good.

I'm not impressed by the fit of the canopy. Too narrow.

Edited by Laurent
  • 10 months later...
The kit barely requires parts preparation and puttying but the cockpit is disappointing: huge gaps between the IP and its coaming and also the rear cockpit tub and the upper fuselage half.

Sadly, Hasegawa always skimps on the 1/72 cockpits. Poor detail and so-so fit. Seems they used much from their earlier F-16 kits.

Good luck on your F-2. They're the other Viper we should have had.

-Jeff