Aires 1/32 EF-2000 Exhausts for Revell kit are out

Good deal! Has anyone ever figured out the difference between the early and late nozzles?

uuummmmmmm the part number Dave!! Sheesh!! LOL

I can't see any discernable difference myself.

Cheers

Mike

YOINK! I'll be grabbing a set of those ASAP!

Good deal! Has anyone ever figured out the difference between the early and late nozzles?

The only difference visible on the Aires nozzles is some very small changes on the inside of the exhaust petals - differences that would be invisible when the nozzle is assembled. As far as the real aircraft is concerned, I do not believe there are any "early" or "late" nozzles. There are some changes between Tranche 1 engines and Tranche 2 engines, but those are in the electronics - there is no difference in the nozzles to the best of my knowledge.

The only difference visible on the Aires nozzles is some very small changes on the inside of the exhaust petals - differences that would be invisible when the nozzle is assembled. As far as the real aircraft is concerned, I do not believe there are any "early" or "late" nozzles. There are some changes between Tranche 1 engines and Tranche 2 engines, but those are in the electronics - there is no difference in the nozzles to the best of my knowledge.

Which ones wil you be going for? I'll select your choice to be on the safe side when I buy mine :woot.gif:

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:

This will save any time or effort converting the offerings for the Trumpeter kit.

Those Aires nozzles look absolutley beautiful. What a vast improvement over the kit parts.

Now, if Aires come out with a resin cockpit and wheel bay sets we're all good to go. B)

:cheers:

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the heads-up :cheers:

This will save any time or effort converting the offerings for the Trumpeter kit.

Those Aires nozzles look absolutley beautiful. What a vast improvement over the kit parts.

Now, if Aires come out with a resin cockpit and wheel bay sets we're all good to go. B)

:rofl:

Great minds think alike :)

I'm really getting excited about picking mine up again. Of course, there is that little issue of the intake that still needs to be overcome as well. Hopefully TwoMikes will come to the rescue there...

Cheers,

Marcel

Marcel, I have a solution....

tn_RAFWaddington2010069.jpg

The best bit is TwoMikes already do them - I have a set for mine.

As for which nozzles to buy, I will probably go with the 'late' ones, but I don't think it makes a difference as the the detail differences as I see them would be invisible when the nozzles are assembled.