New Ace Combat game

No use in lying to myself, I'll probably get both. Do you guys remember Aero Elite Combat Acedemy for PS2? Best console sim ever!

No, but I have a couple of similar sounding titles, 'Energy Airforce' and its sequel. As realistic as the platform will allow sims of F-15, -16, -18, -18E, -22 and -35. Tricky and fun and a nice change of pace from the AC series which I also enjoyed. Looks like AC6 will be released about the same time as PS3 prices fall to what I would want to pay for one.

Or you can make the Razgriz theme from AC5. You have to Build 4 f-14A, paint them black and add the razgriz emblem on the vertical stabilizers.

Besides there are various other interesting Paintjobs which can be unlocked in the game.

Edited by Zeeman

While I enjoyed the missions in AC5, I had to turn off the voice audio because it was so annoying. AC04 and AC0 weren't quite as bad, and I'm hoping that Assault Horizon will be decent as well.

I'll also be surprised if the PAK-FA isn't included.

I didn't mind the voice acting in AC5, the thing I didn't like about ACZ is the live action cut scenes, they sort of took me out of the game where as the CGI cut scenes in AC5 flowed much better from game to scene and back again ...

As for the PAK-FA, we can always use more targets ... :rofl:

Gregg

I just dont want to see some giant ridiculous boss plane that takes 300 hits to take down. Take on a whole squadron, fly into some giant bunker tube, take on a whole battle group, but giant flying fortress is dumb.

Edited by Oroka
I just dont want to see some giant ridiculous boss plane that takes 300 hits to take down. Take on a whole squadron, fly into some giant bunker tube, take on a whole battle group, but giant flying fortress is dumb.

Yeah, especially since they are moving it into the 'real' world ... No Super Duper Mega Flying Bomber and I'd like to see the flying through tunnels mission go away as well ... Never my favorite missions ... In "Strange World', it works on a sort of Sci Fi angle ...

Gregg

I didn't mind the voice acting in AC5, the thing I didn't like about ACZ is the live action cut scenes, they sort of took me out of the game where as the CGI cut scenes in AC5 flowed much better from game to scene and back again ...

I tended to skip the cinematics in AC0, which were easier to avoid than the insipid dialogue in 5. If I wanted to hear the sort of stuff bandied about between the squadmates in that game, I'd visit a local middle school.

As for the PAK-FA, we can always use more targets

That's why the F-22's included.

I tended to skip the cinematics in AC0, which were easier to avoid than the insipid dialogue in 5. If I wanted to hear the sort of stuff bandied about between the squadmates in that game, I'd visit a local middle school.

Meh, I like the stories of the games too and there's dialog that moves the story along in the radio chatter ...

That's why the F-22's included.

To shoot down PAK-FAs ... Yup, check, gotcha ... :cheers:

Gregg

Meh, I like the stories of the games too and there's dialog that moves the story along in the radio chatter ...

Unfortunately the dialogue in 5 doesn't really move the story along, much less sound like actual pilots. I would want my squadmates to have completed puberty, at least.

To shoot down PAK-FAs ... Yup, check, gotcha

At least you acknowledge that it would take an F-22 to down a PAK-FA.

Edited by MiG31
Unfortunately the dialogue in 5 doesn't really move the story along, much less sound like actual pilots. I would want my squadmates to have completed puberty, at least.

It is not a game that glorifys the war, the characters are a kind of mirror. The chatter emphasizes what war is all about, chess of politicians.

It might sound pubertal but the characters try to teach someone a lesson about the terror of war. Besides Ace Combat never had the demand of being 1000% realistic.

If they had that demand there wouldn't be Stonehenges, Megaliths, SOLGs, Hrimfaxies, Scinfaxies, Hresvelgrs, Aigaions, Chandeliers and huge tunnels^^

And don't forget, in AC5, all of the main characters are young pilots that are still being trained and are thrust into a combat situation rather early in their training .... That's why Swordsman chides them on their radio conduct, etc, early on in the game ... It's about them coming to terms with something they are not fully prepared for and then they discover there are sinister forces working against them on their own side as well ...

Gregg

It is not a game that glorifys the war, the characters are a kind of mirror. The chatter emphasizes what war is all about, chess of politicians.

It might sound pubertal but the characters try to teach someone a lesson about the terror of war.

I understand that they're going for a certain audience and age group. That doesn't stop the dialogue from sounding obnoxious.

I just pulled out AC5 and poped it in, but this time playing after a completed game, so I have all my jets and money at the start of the game ;) It is fun doing the whole game in F-22s and FB-22s. Im done the mission before the story ques are finished. One of the first missions where you have to protect the Kestrel while it gets out of harbour, I have everything killed, nothing left, and there is still chatter about having to shoot down the bad guys.

Yeah, it's really fun when you replay the games with all of your accumulated aircraft, especially in the earlier missions with hot aircraft, you almost have a 'God Mode' feeling ...

Gregg

I've acquired all the aircraft and most of the special color schemes in 4 through 0. Generally I fly whatever suits my fancy, though I like a challenge a lot of the time. The MiG-31 is a great plane to fly in 5, even though it has sluggish maneuverability. I rarely ever fly anything beyond the Su-37, with the exception of the Falken.