I resolve to open a model and build it... :woot.gif: { :taunt: }

I resolve to open a model, start to build it, get board with it, work on something else for a while, come back to it, get frustrated because I messed something up, get all discouraged, stop, then feel guilty, then start building it again, finish it, and tell everyone on ARC how much fun I had building this version.

I resolve to HAVE FUN with the hobby. Whether that means building more kits or adding more to the stash, doesn't matter, so long as I enjoy myself in the process.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

That sounds like a darn good resolution!

This year, I set a goal of completing a model a month. This shouldn't be difficult for me, as I am a much more casual modeler than most folks here (although just as enthusiastic!), meaning I don't put nearly the time in per kit that most of you do. I was fine until October, when I didn't complete anything. I've since recovered and may actually complete twelve for the year.

So, my resolutions for next year are

1. Have fun, as OBD pointed out.

2. Build at least one 1/32 scale kit.

3. Build at least one car kit.

4. Try a panel line wash (I don't weather my planes - I did say I was a casual modeler).

5. Try to add an antenna line to a plane.

6. Build at least one Soviet armor kit.

We'll see how it goes!

Stacey

I don't like to make any resolutions, but I have been striving to do some things better and will continue in 2011.

I haven't been buying as many kits and that is a good thing with the stash at 135-ish.

I will buy a new air brush.

I've been working on not seeking perfection. Some kits are just not destined to be taken to a show/contest. Sometimes you just have to finish it and put it on the shelf. I will try to do this more.

In 2011, I actually resolve to pull out my Monogram F-14A that has been languishing in my model shelf for close to four years now...and actually get to work on it...uh...oooh...isn't that a nice photograph idea...~pulls out camera instead and goes out shooting~...