Promodeller wash

I have had the same problems as mentioned above. I have bought several different colors of the wash. I did not try the others because I was so disappointed with the black. However, I will try doing what Phil suggested and I am sure. It will turn out fine.

Used to use Detailer (haven't had any peeling) but on a lark picked up a bottle of PM at a show. Watched a video or two and jumped in, I'm happy and the cleanup is not a problem (no staining issues unless using matte finish, then it is tough to remove). I'd rate Detailer as a 7/10 and PM higher for ease of use.

Hey Guys,

The problem I've had with it is even after shaking it up, it doesn't seem to stick to the surface. As in wheel wells and landing it just kinda beads up and disappears. Should I try a couple drops of detergent? Thanks for any suggestions.

Chuck

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

Sounds like the wash has been standing around and then it separates as it's clay based.

Two thing to try, first add a few drops of dish water soap to a bottle as this will help the mix and make a smother wash

Second shake it up and pour it into a jug zap it in the micro wave for 5 seconds and then stir well with a 1in brush

In 99% of cases that will fix the wash

Failing that let me know and I'll happily replace it with a new one :santa:

The dark dirt is all I used on the Frogfoot below

SU-251.jpg

Happy Xmas guys :tease:

Phil,

It has been some time but I finally got to the point of putting a wash on my latest model. I used your advice and your wash worked great!

Thank you,

Rodney