I made a ship !

In 2004, this motely crew hit the model shops in Bali (well, there are no real 'model shops' in Bali, but you will find a few models in the toy section of bigger dept stores), and we came home with a bit of a stash.

BaliModels.jpg

The bloke in the white shirt was never going to build any of them :pray: , the young bloke did one or two and lost interest :lol: , which left muggins on the right with lots to do :whistle: . He got through his kits years ago, and is now onto those that belong to the other two.

One was a very basic Academy Tirpitz, which has an electric motor in it (hence that dirty big lever sticking out of the Port side which switches said motor on).

It's a bit swamped by the base i had (I was intending to use that for aircraft), and to be honest, I don't really like building boats compared to aircraft (which is a problem cos these guys have 2 more sitting in their stash) - too many small fiddly bits on ships, even very basic kits. Anyhow, it was an experience. Entirely OOB except for a bit of stretched sprue rigging, a flag printed up on the inkjet and a painted/decal emblem on the rear deck.

TopPort-1.jpg

StrBd1.jpg

Port1.jpg

thanks guys

you see all those empty bottles of Bintang beer in the background. I reckon i'm gonna need a few more of those if i tackle the aircraft carrier they still have in their stash :(