So If I had this kit, http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/aca...aca_12205.shtml what else besides decals would I need to make a CAF CH-113 Labrador?

You'd need either Mike Belcher's APU exhaust, or if you can get someone to give you the 'small tail pylon' from their CH-46A/D set.

Belcher's also got decals for it, I made one, but you'll need to source some fire extinguisher markings from Arrow Graphics.

Cheers

H.

So If I had this kit, http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/aca...aca_12205.shtml what else besides decals would I need to make a CAF CH-113 Labrador?

Short answer is yes, but it lacks the APU modified tail, so only an early Lab can be accurately finished. Voyageurs(similar) were delivered to the Army with the APU fitted but smaller CH46 sponsons. When the Labs and Voyageurs were integrated, the CH113/113a fleet was brought to commonality ie: fuel tanks and APUs.

Others may know more (likely)

Tony

You'd need either Mike Belcher's APU exhaust, or if you can get someone to give you the 'small tail pylon' from their CH-46A/D set.

Belcher's also got decals for it, I made one, but you'll need to source some fire extinguisher markings from Arrow Graphics.

Cheers

H.

Looks to me like that kit has a short-tail pylon ala KV107. No APU though

Tony

Hope yous don't mind a little divergence, though still on topic I guess...

I have the Airfix 1/72 Sea Knight. What major work needs done to get a decent representation of a CH-113A Voyageur? I'm awaiting decals from CanMilAir for a Voyageur in green with 'CDN ARMY' lettering and red ensign. I'm not after accuracy down to the last rivet on this one, I can't afford to not use this kit (already got a wrong kit for the CH-178), my aim for this one is just something that looks reasonable.

Hope yous don't mind a little divergence, though still on topic I guess...

I have the Airfix 1/72 Sea Knight. What major work needs done to get a decent representation of a CH-113A Voyageur? I'm awaiting decals from CanMilAir for a Voyageur in green with 'CDN ARMY' lettering and red ensign. I'm not after accuracy down to the last rivet on this one, I can't afford to not use this kit (already got a wrong kit for the CH-178), my aim for this one is just something that looks reasonable.

It looks like a Voyageur, (but with a ton of rivets),can't remember if it has its APU tail, I would just make sure I didn't paint over the extra windows that the Voyageur had--at the front quarter below the windshield.

look here for a bit of fun; http://hedgehoghollow.com/buzz/walkarounds/voy.html

I'm not sure about how the intakes or exhausts look. Others may know more.

Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a
There is a Chinook on ebay......... but it isn't, it is a labrador

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hobby-Craft-Boeing-C...=item19c2a1e9e3

if probs in am in uk

Yes, but HobbyCraft(Fujimi COPY) used/copied a wide chord vert fin from a CH46, not a narrow fin from a KV107--so you can't even make proper Lab from this Lab boxing.

Tony

Here is the Voyager in 48 using Canmilair decals,

jpg12.jpg

Its pretty much out of the box CH-46A/D apart from the decals.

Here is a Lab. Belcher Bits decals, Belcher Bits resin tail hand made inards from the Kv-107 kit.

jpg2-9.jpg

The biggest problem, IMHO, with the Fujimi kits is at the front with the windshield. If you look above at Phantom's 2 birds you will notice the extra perspex on the Voyager (green thing) and that it is not present on the Lab. Now the problem, on the front there are 2 air intake vents which Fujimi quite smartly duplicated with 2 holes in the clear piece. Well they are in different locations on the 2 CAF choppers, so how do you move a hole in a clear piece?? Your choices, the windshield is correct for one of the helos, can't remember which tho, so use it and then get/make a vac for the other.

I have made a APU tail for these birds and there is a pic here somewhere in one of the threads. I used the APU from one of these kits could have been the Hobbycrap one and grafted the Fujimi tail onto it. IIRC Mike only did the APU tail in 48th, I don't recall one in 72nd or I would have bought 4 or 5 of them!!??

HTH