a MIG question

The Academy kit, while boxed as a MiG-21MF Fishbed J, is actually a MiG-21bis Fishbed L/N. To the casual observer the difference is probably negligible, but if you want an accurate MF, you either need a conversion set (new fuselage spine and vertical fin), or wait for the forthcoming Eduard kit, which will undoubtedly be more accurate based on initial information we've seen.

J

academy's mig 21 is a rel nice kit. from what i understand the spine is wrong for an MF though.

it build up very nice OOB but if you want to add goodies Wolfpack hav a nice line for the mig-21 including a spine correction.

there are some really nice markings around to, the Zotz weird Migs if especially nice =)

here's one i did

snb10044.jpg

Shot at 2010-10-20

Edited by Pep

Here's one I did. I can highly recommend the Aires Cockpit for this one, it's probably the only Aires pit that is a drop fit, and is one of the few cockpits that has the accurate curved floor.

Curt

100_86942.jpg

And a kit bash to make a NVA Mig-21PFV

AVG2006_38.jpg

Edited by Netz

I've always been a fan of the Academy kit - however it's not without faults. The aft fuselage is noticeably too short (like about 1/4"), and the bulges for the main wheels above the wing roots are in the wrong place.

I for one am *really* looking forward to seeing the Eduard kits. Bring 'em on!

Netz - LOVE that Cuban one! Only one problem - you don't have any tire cord showing. Enio Rodriguez's airplane had MASSIVE amounts of white cord showing through what rubber was left. I wouldn't have used them as a spare on my car, much less on a high performance fighter. So much for the virtues of a planned economy ;)

Edited by Jennings
Netz - LOVE that Cuban one! Only one problem - you don't have any tire cord showing. Enio Rodriguez's airplane had MASSIVE amounts of white cord showing through what rubber was left. I wouldn't have used them as a spare on my car, much less on a high performance fighter. So much for the virtues of a planned economy B)

I'd like to see any pictures you have of that bird, when I built this I found 1 artist impression and 1 real pic of it parked in the distance.

I wish I had done a better job on it, but it was a rush Job.

Curt

I'd like to see any pictures you have of that bird, when I built this I found 1 artist impression and 1 real pic of it parked in the distance.

I wish I had done a better job on it, but it was a rush Job.

Curt

I saw it, but wasn't allowed to take any pics of it. I actually got to know Enio Rodriguez later on. He was involved with the Casa de Balseros in Key West, which is where refugees we helped locate were taken once the Coast Guard and Immigration were finished with them. A very sad tale he told of life in Cuba :(

J