hasegawa F6F5 pacific ace

Awesome work!! I liked the way you faded the colors; what technique did you use?

Thanks,

Gustavo.

this one kina cost long time. but bascially, i did shadow, color varieties, and then wash the whole body with white mix little black oil paint.

then i use the same color infiltrate into the panel lines to make them significant.

• 2 weeks later...
Yet another outstanding build. Your weathering skills are truly amazing. :crying2:

Having said that, I would VERY humbly make the following suggestion: a Hellcat based aboard a US fleet carrier in 44-45 probably wouldn't be that weather beaten. By that point of the war the Navy literally had more F6F's than they needed. The result was that Hellcats were generally replaced by new aircraft long before they could accumulate lots of grit 'n grime (land based squadrons would be a different story).

Add to that the fact that Cdr McCampbell was at the time the Essex's CAG, and you have a plane that would have been extremely well maintained.

Great suggestion, thank you very much. I am 100% positive that i will build this plane again in the future, I will take your words.