Just want to say "my bad" for not being around much as of late, even haven't had a whole lot of model building time. I have been watching and lurking when I can though, honest. I've been battling a nagging late winter cold immediately followed by a severe flare up of tendonitis in my right shoulder and trap muscle. Just sitting here typing this is quite a pain, literately. I have seen a few doctors about this over the last few weeks, the first just over prescribed percocets and valium and ordered some cat scans. My family doc diagnosed the tendonitis. Then on top of all this, we moved to a new apartment over the weekend. I will go for the ct scans next week but for the time being, I really need to take things easy. The GB is still in very good hands with Barney and Ralph at the helm. SO in the mean time, please keep the great builds coming in, Im really enjoying browsing all the photos.

Charlie,

Get well soon and hope everything turns out fine.

I have TITANIUM PLATES AND SCREWS in MY right shoulder and left hand and I can tell you that

the pain can be excruciating in cold/winter months..so I know how you must feel..when I type, the nerves

in the right shoulder impinges down the right arm and Blinking H.ELL it hurts !

So get theo SCANS done asap and hopefully you will be fine..Take care and BEST WISHES and GOOD LUCK.

HOLMES :thumbsup:

Charlie

No need to apologize for not being around! Just organizing a GB and participating at all is enough to ask of a volunteer.

I sympathize with your shoulder/arm pain. Over the winter, I had some very bad episodes of pain and tingling in one arm, caused by a pinched nerve in the neck area. Some days, no matter how I sat or lay down, it was impossible to be comfortable. Several years ago, I injured my rotator cuff playing badminton (overhead smashes). It took months of physio and a few cortisone injections before it started to feel semi-normal, and even now it's necessary to be careful with it.

Take care of yourself, and rest assured we GB denizens are not thinking ill of you for a lower level of participation!

ALF

Charlie: No worry, I've been lurking as well. At my age that is about all one can do some of the time. Growing old sucks! And there are some really good builds on here but why so darned many kerosene convertors and so few real aircraft????

Barney

Charlie: No worry, I've been lurking as well. At my age that is about all one can do some of the time. Growing old sucks! And there are some really good builds on here but why so darned many kerosene convertors and so few real aircraft????

Barney

Lol. Well if I can get my butt at the spraybooth and my shoulder cooperating enough to handle an airbrush, Il add nice big petrol powered 4 x V12 flying silver beauty to the list. I would love to have it done within the next 3 weeks.

Tick tock Charlie, tick tock, 3 weeks from today is the big day, tick tock

Got the white primer on today, could barely hold my arm up afterwards, but got the white primer on. Off work this week too, appt for a CT scan on the shoulder on Friday. Still got the Viper, the Mistal and the LAV to fall back on.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

yeah but what have you done lately LOL!!! I am hoping to finish 2 more, one that's been almost done for months and other that I have just started to paint.