This question has been bothering me for a while

Who knows? I'm happy that there is such a thing as eBay, though, as it's allowed me to find and purchase many out-of-production kits over the years. I've also found some on eCrater.

This hobby has an incongruity between impulse buying and delayed satisfaction. How many of have seen a model review or a box and though "oh man, I need to have that now!!! I'm going to build it, and its going to be so much fun, and its going to look so cool!!!"

The problem is, that as adult modelers, most of us have enough disposable income to satisfy that impulse. Then we bring the kit home, ogle the plastic some, maybe even tinker around with the first few steps, and then either A) go back to a project already on the go, or B) loose interest when the next impulse buy comes along. Some kits end up being built, but then there's that Fairey Fruitbat which you just had to have, but now have no idea what to do with.

So having the option to sell off a kit is an excuse to not build it, but so what?

Hell, a 1/24 Airfix BF-109 went through three people in my modeling club, and then ended up back with the guy who first bought it. Nothing wrong with that either

For me not an excuse, but a realization that the stash was way too big. Plus a change in the primary scale that I build.

Same for me. I'm reducing mine down to a mere 100 (100!), down over 1/3. This is why I've been selling lots on Ebay recently...

Vince

I think Mandie expects to find me in the basement one of these days stroking my kits muttering "my precioussssss....."

As for Ebay, I've just bid on my first ever auction there, because I need a specific out-of-production kit for a special project (and naturally, the variant I need is not among the 500+ kits already in The Stash.) :rolleyes:

SN