Jump to content


Group Build Moderators
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About RKic

  • Rank
  • Birthday 08/16/1978

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    all the things

Recent Profile Visitors

19,213 profile views
  1. Zvezda's kit is more accurate, especially with regard to the humps over the tops of the engines. These look too skinny on the Trumpeter kit. Trumpeter's smaller details look more crisp, though. Both kits are pretty easy to build, with Trumpeter maybe a touch better engineered.
  2. And now a question for you: Are you a first time builder? Do you have a specific aircraft you'd like to build in mind?
  3. Let me give you a specific example of why Lets look at the Spitfire Mk I/II in 1/48 scale. You have about 5 READILY available options. New Tamiya, 1990s Tamiya, New Airfix, 1980s Airfix, 19-- Revell/Monogram I would rank them from best to worst 2010s Tamiya 2010s Airfix 80s Airfix 90s Tamiya Revell/Monogram But now lets look at 1/48 P-51D mustangs. Again, there are 5 readily available kits, Eduard, Meng, Tamiya, Airfix, Revell/Monogram This time we get Eduard Meng Airfix Tamiya Revell/Monogram Or maybe you wan't a 1/72 Spitfire I/II. Now you
  4. This! This is what we're all trying to tell you. You can't scale the companies. You have to look at it one kit at a time.
  5. What are you wanting to build?
  6. That would be a good choice. So many paint jobs possible. I think it would sell well. Tamiya seems to have pulled back on 1/32 after the Mosquito. The last few were basically updates of earlier kits. They need something universal, like the saber, which would appeal not only to a wide audience, but which serious modelers (and lets face it - Tamiya 1/32 is geared towards serious modelers) might come back to multiple times to get different paint schemes. I don't do 1/32 often for the same reason pointed out by @Mstor. But I picked up a Tamiya corsair last year, and might get a few
  7. did the decals dry clear? They look pretty rough in the pictures.
  8. Great details, and I like the weathered ramp.
  9. Wonderful work. I like the small things like the subtle panel line staining and the discoloration behind the afterburners. I'm fact, the metalic effects are extremely impressive. What paint did you use? How was the fit of the kit?
  10. Hmmm. I missed it but now I don't want to fix it. When it's them or 15% undersized fuselage alternative (dragon/Zvezda) I'll make a concession.
  11. Internet Hobbies is one of those businesses that doesn't inform customers about not having an actual warehouse. I made two orders from them. The first arrived within a few days of ordering. The second turned into a long wait. I contacted them repeatedly for info and got nothing. Finally, I went into their system and cancelled my order. They let me cancel without any hassle, but if I remember correctly, they never confirmed the cancellation with me. I had to check my bank records. Poor communicators, more than anything.
  12. Gordon, Thanks for the insight, Gordon. I do hope the influx of new modelers has been good for your business.
  13. Yeah, and I'm wondering if its more people buying stuff or less stuff being imported. If you go on social media, there appears to be a LOT of new modelers out there. Everyone being stuck at home might have been a boon for the hobby. So I'm wondering if these folks are just cleaning out the shops, and or if the suppliers aren't able to ship in high enough volumes.
  • Create New...