1/72 Kamov Ka-50 "Chornaya Akula"

Hi,

This is the kit I'll do for the group build : the 1/72 Kamov Ka-50 from Hobby Boss.

Little presentation of the subject ?

It's a helicopter designed in the 1980s in USSR. Due to the fall of the Soviet Union and the crisis which followed, only a small number of this machine was produced. Some of them were used in Chechnya in 2000-2001.

Some features of the Ka-50 : single seat, coaxial rotors, designed for attack.

Nato reporting name is "Hokum A" ("Hokum B" is for the twin-seater Ka-52). In Russia, the actual nickname is "Chornaya Akula" ("Black Shark").

The kit :

GB_G2R_ka-50_01.jpg

GB_G2R_ka-50_02.jpg

GB_G2R_ka-50_03.jpg

GB_G2R_ka-50_04.jpg

GB_G2R_ka-50_05.jpg

GB_G2R_ka-50_06.jpg

After the crisis I crossed, I need to do something simple and I think it's the proper kit.

GB_G2R_ka-50_07.jpg

Simple instruction sheet.

GB_G2R_ka-50_08.jpg

We have the choice between a camouflaged chopper Bort 21 (subject of the box-art) and the black and white Bort 22. Of course, I'll do the 22.

Jan-Pawel,

I think the box art loks IMPRESSIVE and would keep itas a momento!

Secondly I have never seen a Helo like this before and it is quite unusual with its markings and LOVE the color scheme as shown on the BOX !

GOOD CLEAN start...NEAT too..

I am looking forward to this fine build of yours..

HOLMES :banana::banana:

Thank you for your comments.

I started interior painting operations. But I had a little break because I wanted to complete the Iskra case (there was few details remaining...).

Jan-Pawel,

I think the box art loks IMPRESSIVE and would keep itas a momento!

Secondly I have never seen a Helo like this before and it is quite unusual with its markings and LOVE the color scheme as shown on the BOX !

GOOD CLEAN start...NEAT too..

I am looking forward to this fine build of yours..

HOLMES :banana::banana:

QED : to start with a little presentation of the subject is always usefull.

Hello Jan.

The boxart indeed looks very interesting,is the kit good and worth the money?

Looks nice so far,some cockpit and seat close-ups would be lovely.

Kind regards,Sven.

I have not compared the parts with a plan, but I suppose that there is not major shape problem. The cockpit is simple. I think it worth the money.

Fuselage halves before gluing. I placed lead bullets in the nose for the ballast.

GB_G2R_ka-50_10.jpg

The cockpit :

For the seat, I detailed it with simple materials (lead stripes, adhesive aluminium foil, copper wire). It was painted with acrylics (Humbrol black 33, Life Color grey UA043 and light blue UA037, Prince August red, mainly). Kit's intrument panel was very simple, with vaguely represented intruments. I decided to follow this sketch with a gundam marker.

GB_G2R_ka-50_11.jpg

GB_G2R_ka-50_12.jpg

On the real thing, the cockpit is full of intruments. But for the moment, I wanted to do a simple building. Moreover, the canopy will be closed (so, maybe only few things will remain visible).

The coaxial rotor : plainted black (Humbrol 33) with light grey (Life Color) and Steel (Revell) drybrusing.

GB_G2R_ka-50_13.jpg

Engine exhausts, for the moment, only painted black inside.

GB_G2R_ka-50_14.jpg

Fuselage halves assembled.

GB_G2R_ka-50_15.jpg