Ju 87 G Stuka questions

Hello guys!

I've recently bought hasegawa's Ju 87 G Stuka in 1/48 scale, and i've decided to build it with all small details, rivets ecc.

But, i have a problem, i can't find rivet plans anywhere, i've downloaded around 15 books and found nothing. :rolleyes:

I searched more and found that in the Kagero Ju-87 vol.1 are some rivet plans for the sideview, but there aren't any on the wings from the top and bottom view. And they are all for the early versions A-B, but I'd like to have one for the G variant.

Does somebody know if the Kagero Ju-87 Vol.II & Vol.III & Top Drawings - Ju 87 D/G do have rivet plans for Ju 87 G variant, or do someone posess rivet plans so that he could send them to me?

Thank you in advance

WT

:salute:

You've probably got most of the books available then that would show the detail you're looking for. Before going the route you're thinking of though, I'd study photos first and see if, in reality, the rivet pattern is visible from any distance. Other than doing it as an academic exercise you may be wasting your time.

I know DonSS3, the rivets are barely visible at the distance of 2 meters from a plane, but i don't care, i guess i like to see fully riveted models ;)

Chukw, yup, i searched for it, but found nothing :(

but in the meantime a friend of mine send me this, thought someone can find it usefull ;)

Ju-87G_2.jpg

As far as I know, the G was virtually identical to the D. You're bound to find a rivet plan for that. I've just checked the Stuka section in "The Great Book of WWII Airplanes" and there's a wonderful three-panel pull-out showing the side view of Rudel's G-2 Stuka and all of its rivets. The book has top and bottom views of the B-2, but the only difference in wings between the B and G would have been armament, coolant radiators, air brakes, and span I believe.

No criticism intended, Wulf Two. Looking forward to seeing your build. Luno 13 had a good suggestion about looking for the Ju 87D plans. Hope you have some luck there.

Edited by DonSS3
  • 9 months later...

Has anyone seen a Stuka G model in winter white camouflage? Are there any decals available for the kit with winter camouflage on a G model Stuka? I m looking for 1/48 scale.

Has anyone seen a Stuka G model in winter white camouflage?

Short answer: yes, two come to mind. There are still pictures of several of Rudel's "Kanonenvogeln", one, a G-1 with stippled winter white over the RLM 70/71 (this is before March 1944 as his long-serving radio operator, Hentschel, appears in the photo), and an in-flight shot of one of his G-2s during the last winter of the war, that is scruffy/patched white, with a white spinner and thin black spiral. He lost his leg to 4 cm Flak on 8.Feb. 1945 while flying with Dr. Ernst Gadermann as his radio operator. This was in WNr.494220.

There are photos of other G-2s operating in the winter that retain their factory-applied greens.

GRM