1/32 MIG-29N Royal Malaysian Airforce

wow bro! that was fast for 1/32 build! IMHO Something not right with the front nose shape, but I think it's was the kit fault, not yours.:}

i'd double check an instruction.... think i'd fix it right thou....might be a mistake at the cutting point during the nose assembling ...i'll go through it again...thanks for the pointed bro MP....;)

Regards

Naza

DSC04635.jpg

P1050702.jpg

I don't know what has been said before and what has been PM'ed, but i want to make sure and point out that the back mig (with landing gear) on the top photo has its nosecone mounted upside down.

On the subject of you current build: very nice. Almost makes me wanna give up on building one myself, because it will never be as good. Just a question, with all those add-ons, isn't your model becoming very expensive?

I don't know what has been said before and what has been PM'ed, but i want to make sure and point out that the back mig (with landing gear) on the top photo has its nosecone mounted upside down.

On the subject of you current build: very nice. Almost makes me wanna give up on building one myself, because it will never be as good. Just a question, with all those add-ons, isn't your model becoming very expensive?

Hi streetstream, My friend purposely borrowed an original Revell without any add on and modification stuff....as for me to do a comparison during the progress...the nose cone fix according to an instruction,that is how its look like without resin nose...

I built it for my best friend, when he ask me about 1/32 Mig-29,I've no choice this the only kit available, and Zactomodel is the best correction set that i can suggested....roughly he spend about 600USD for kit+all Aftermarket stuff....as what he mention to me...

Regards

Naza

Hi streetstream, My friend purposely borrowed an original Revell without any add on and modification stuff....as for me to do a comparison during the progress...the nose cone fix according to an instruction,that is how its look like without resin nose...

I built it for my best friend, when he ask me about 1/32 Mig-29,I've no choice this the only kit available, and Zactomodel is the best correction set that i can suggested....roughly he spend about 600USD for kit+all Aftermarket stuff....as what he mention to me...

Regards

Naza

So the finished model is a OOB revell. But still, even with the shape being wrng, this one is mounted upside down, right?

Now as for the price, damn that's high. 600 dollars. I enjoy this hobby also, but 600$ is more than i care to spend on one plane. I can't even bring myself to buy a 100$ one.

So the finished model is a OOB revell. But still, even with the shape being wrng, this one is mounted upside down, right?

Now as for the price, damn that's high. 600 dollars. I enjoy this hobby also, but 600$ is more than i care to spend on one plane. I can't even bring myself to buy a 100$ one.

Agreed with you....the shape is too odd for OOB built...I'm not very sure about the nose cone thou...hopefully he fix according to an instruction...you are right so,its look in wrong position.....

As for Zacto correction set its worth it, seriously...price we had pay including postage ...no doubt if we want it right,...we bough CAM as an out production price...1 of our friend willing to sold it at RM180/= 56USD....same goes to F4dable IFR probe...15USD....kit is about 80USD...dig it from our friend stash...scalenutz decal is also out of production price...recently we had order Begemot decal 32-003..that was a bomb...because of the postage as same as a decals..+ Eduard exterior and exterior....

Honestly...i will not go for this built if i've to pay for the total cost....i can't effort it dude.... ...that is how i share an experience with my friend who was eager to have Miggy in 1/32 displayed in their show case....so that i've a chance to feel the pain....:lol:

Thanks for viewing StreetStream.....

Regards

Naza

Naza, the model looks really good. Are the real Malaysian M-29N still flying?

In 2009, Malaysia's defence minister Ahmad Hamidi stated publicly several times that Malaysia planned to phase out its MiG-29s at the end of 2010. He said Kuala Lumpur would decommission its MiG-29s because they are costing 260 million ringgit ($76 million) a year to maintain. But Ahmad's comments caught the attention of Dr Mahathir Mohammad, who was Malaysia's prime minister when the MiG-29s joined the air force fleet in 1995. Writing on his widely read blog, he noted that the aircraft are less than 20 years old and that other countries such as India still operate MiG-29s, and questioned why Malaysia would need to phase them out.

There are many news articles on Asian Defence talking about the M-29N problem. The Malaysian were trying disposing them because this aircraft's are maintainance intensive, short engine service life & spare parts support is almost NIL. The engine needed overhaul every 200 hours of flight and had to be sent back to Russian.

But eventually, Ahmad was forced to recant his anouncement due to political pressure and continue to pay the high maintenance cost. Link.

Hi Kei lau,

Thanks to drop by in this thread….Yup our Smokey Bandit still fly…honestly….I’d spend 12 hours on my day for model making…..political issue doesn’t attract me much here thou…. it’s a rice bowl anyway….am so sorry…I can’t answer you any further…..

Update time………….

Front section…near an OEPS really make me worried….after look at it a few times…I agreed with Musang pulut….either I let it at what it was…or take a risk to make some modification on it….and decision was made….as a picture’s below….….

I did some adjustment on nose cone ….

1-3.jpg

Reduce a bump at in front OEPS area…

2-4.jpg

And I realize…it’s doesn’t change much…..hahahaha

3-4.jpg

Next post……… :rolleyes:

Work on front canopy….trying hard to make the seam line disappear….attach a canopy…fill the gape with putty….don’t let any gap….apply CA Glue+ talcum powder ……

4-4.jpg

Sanding process…

5-3.jpg

400 grade sand paper….

6-3.jpg

800 grade sand paper….

7-4.jpg

1200 grade sand paper….

8-2.jpg

Final process….tamiya compound followed by car wax….

9-2.jpg

Masking…….and surface….

9a.jpg

11-1.jpg

DSC04710.jpg

A new shape forward fuselage

12-1.jpg

Am done on this section….next post….. :rolleyes:

Main canopy….fitting is out a little bit….but I’ll make in canopy open position…so not much worry about it…

DSC04704.jpg

Mask and surface …line according to Zacto direction….

DSC04705.jpg

Cockpit office painting still messy…..final touch up will needed after painting process....more photo will be uploaded soon….

DSC04706.jpg

DSC04708.jpg

DSC04709.jpg

DSC04697.jpg

DSC04698.jpg

That all for miggy for a time be….till next update then….

Thanks for viewing guy…Comment and critique are most welcome and appreciated…

HAPPY MODELING to all….. :)

Regards

Naza

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Naza, what a great build I'm sorry I haven't checked this out earlier, this build is awesome, and I will continue to follow your builds in the future as well as in bookmark. :coolio: Mig-29's and Flankers are my flavors.

Tonal

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys, have a great day,

Last update was September 2011, honestly I had completed the project a couple of month ago, and in fact I’d KIV the progress a few times because of other works that came across. No matter what, finally it’s done. Thanks for all the support. Appreciate it much.

This is what in the final progress. I did some additional cable works at wheel strut.

DSC05015.jpg

Exhaust Nozzle, I used gunze gloss black, thin layer of gun silver, preshade with smoke, clear coted and some black wash treatment.

DSC05018.jpg

DSC05446.jpg

Edited by NazaruddinHashim

COMPLETED

MIGGY4.jpg

MIGGY3.jpg

Miggy-1.jpg

MIGGY2.jpg

Me and Major Sebastian William who was 10 years with MIG-29N, most of the times he flew Smokey Bandit 3.

384960_3046818020208_231475331_n.jpg

I’ve to give a credit to Zactomodels, this is the best correction resin kit for 1/32 MIG-29! No doubt. Thanks very much Chris. Thanks to everybody,

Thanks and Regards

Naza

I’d created my Modeling page, which is easier to manage. It’s a various built.- Feel free to visit works in progress album, followers are appreciated.-

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naza-Model-Art/110249832412477