Display model in flight

Hi everybody,

Trying to finish a few models and the 1/48 skyray is one of them. I'd like to display it in flight (saves me the trouble of the landinggear etc) and I'm looking for some good examples of those kind of display's. Some use acrylic rods in the exhaust, some use a steel wire through the middle of the plane. Don't no what the best looking option will be.

Any ideas?

Cheers and thanks!

LS

I put 95% of my aircraft in the air. I use the acrylic rod method on most. I have some metal model stands that were given to me by a friend. I use them for heavy models, such as resin kits, etc. By all means, read Ken Middleton's article in ARC's Tools 'n Tips section on the main page. When using acrylic rod, I use hardwoods (Oak, Walnut, etc.) for the base. I have a guy in "the next town over" who has a mom & pop trophy shop in his basement. I can buy nice looking metal plaques with wording such as "A-4 Skyhawk MCAS - Cherry Point, NC" for $2 to $3 each depending upon the amount of lettering. If you are interested in Acrylic Rod, send me a PM and I can send you the info from where I get mine. Good Luck